This beautiful 9.5 mile hike [mostly easy], with beautiful ocean views all the way with lot of Elks also :)
Sunday is supposed to be warm...
We'll have late lunch at a sandy spot at the tip of Tomales point.
Hike Highlights: Ocean views, Ocean views, Ocean views and Lots of Elk to view.
We'll meet at the parking lot at the trailhead at 11:30am
Directions: [It's about 1.5 hours north of SF]
- From San Francisco take 101 to San Rafael.
- Exit onto Sir Francis Drake Blvd [exit will be marked 'san anselmo'].
- Continue west on Sir Francis Drake to Olema. You will reach a T-intersection [by the Olema Inn]. That is hiway 1.
- Turn right [onto highway 1 north].
- After about a block turn left into 'bear valley road' [the sign will say 'to lighthouse'..this is easy to miss].
- Drive 2.2 miles on Bear valley road until it joins with Sir Francis Drake hiway.
- Bear left on Sir Francis Drake and drive 5.6 miles.
- Take the right fork onto Pierce point road (Tomales Bay State Park and McClures Beach).
- Drive about 9 miles on Pierce Point Road to the signed Tomales Point Trailhead, a short distance from McClures Beach, at the end of the road.
Above is just to get an idea...use the GPS coordinates below and look at a map to figure out the directions :)
GPS coordinates for the parking lot: N[masked] W[masked]
Google Map Link
No dogs allowed on the trail :(
Bring lunch and something to share if u like. :)
See u there!
Disclaimer: Its your own responsibility to look after yourself on the hike if u decide to join us. You assume all the risks including sharing my lunch :)
NOTE: As usual since meetup site has removed the maybe option, feel free to sign up as yes and not go or not sign up and just show up...or whatever other combinations possible ;)