It's supposed to be a nice weekend again at Point reyes and good time for a beach hangout again :) So here it is.
This will be about 10.7 mile moderate+ hike [with some steep parts] through a variety of landscapes [trees, meadows an great views] to the beautiful sculptured beach where we will have late lunch and a looong lunch/nap break. You can bring a blanket/towel for the beach if you like. This is a good spot for tidepooling if the tide is low.
Bring enough water and some food and snacks to share if u like. Remember, tastier snacks gets you more friends ;)
As usual, you are welcome to cut the lunch short and walk back if you need to leave early and if you think you can find your way back yourself :) [have a print out of the map]
We may also go for dinner/drinks after the hike somewhere along the way if you like to join us, may be at the Station house cafe at Point Reyes or at Fairfax :)
Hike highlights: Forests, views, beach, tidepools [if the tide is low] and fun people :)
Meet at the sky trailhead parking lot at 11:00 AM.
Direction s [It's about 1 hr 20 min drive from SF]:
- From San Francisco take 101 across the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Near San Rafael, exit onto Sir Francis Drake Blvd [exit will be marked 'san anselmo'], and continue west on Sir Francis Drake to Olema.
- At Olema, you'll reach a T-intersection [by the Olema Inn]. That is highway 1.
- Turn right onto highway 1 [onto highway 1 north] and then after about a block turn left again into 'bear valley road'.
- Drive about 2 miles, then turn left onto Limantour Road. Drive about 3.3 miles to the signed trailhead [sky trailhead] on the left side of the road.
Parking lot is small. So carpooling is recommended. Indicate in your comments if you need a ride or willing to give one.
Approximate GPS for the trailhead: N[masked] W[masked]
IMPORTANT NOTE: The route on the way back from the beach is a little tricky if you are not familiar with the area.
So if you want to leave early by yourself from the lunch spot, better take the same route back instead of the loop. If you are going back with us from the lunch spot, make sure you stick with other people or your carpools :)
It seems no dogs allowed on the hike :(
See u soon :)
Disclaimer: Its your own responsibility to look after yourself on the hike if u decide to join us. You assume all the risks including sharing my food ;)
Note: As usual, since there is no 'maybe' option, feel free to sign up and not go or just show up without signing up...etc..etc..etc..etc...