Here's one of the few places not shut down this weekend :)
Sorry for the last min notice....but the weather this weekend is too nice not to be outside :)
This is about a 7+ mile easy to moderate hike around 3 beautiful lakes [lagunitas, bon tempe and alphine] with lunch at a spot with great views.
Hike Highlights: lakes, views, nap, fun people, possibly turtles...and of course the chocolates ;)
Meet at the Alpine/Bon Tempe lake parking at 11:30AM.
- From San Francisco, cross the golden gate bridge and keep on 101 North.
- Near San Rafael, you'll see exits to 'Richmond bridge' and 'San Anselmo'.
- Take the San Anselmo exit which curves left and takes u to Sir Francis Drake blvd.
- Drive about 5 miles west on Sir Francis Drake to Fairfax. - You will go over a small hill and as you head down look for a street to the left [the sign may be hidden, but it is Pacheco Street]
- Make a left there on Pacheco.
- At the stop sign, make a right onto Broadway.
- At the next stop sign make a left onto Bolinas Rd.
- Go up Bolinas road approximately 1.5 miles (you will pass the Deer Park Villa restaurant).
- At 700 Bolinas Road there is a wooden sign on your left saying “Lake Lagunitas”.
- Make that left turn onto Sky Oaks Road; go up approximately 1/4 mile and Sky Oaks Watershed Headquarters is on the left at the crest of the hill.
- You are also at the entrance to Lagunitas and Bon Tempe Lakes. (If you miss the Sky Oaks Road turn-off and you get to the Meadow Club golf course you have gone too far).
- A $7.00 [or may be $8.00] Vehicle Entrance Fee is required daily.
- Once past the entrance kiosk, drive about 0.4 mile, and turn right (to Bon Tempe) at a signed junction onto a gravel road.
- Drive about 0.3 mile, then bear left (unsigned) to the trailhead (if you get to a second parking lot at the end of the road you've gone too far).
Approximate GPS coordinates for the parking lot: N[masked] W[masked]
From east bay, take 580 bridge and take 'Sir Francis Drake blvd' exit and follow the above directions.
Bring enough water and some food for lunch and something to share if u like. Tastier snacks gets you more friends ;)
We may take a long lunch/nap break if the sun is out and is warm since its a great lunch spot. So if you have to get back early, please bring a map with you so you can find your way back :)
one IMPORTANT note: Please wait for others at intersections if you are not sure which trail to take as some intersections may be tricky, especially the lunch spot turn off.
It says dogs are allowed only if they are leashed :)
See u there :)
Disclaimer: Its your own responsibility to look after yourself on the hike if u decide to join us. You assume all the risks..including sharing my lunch ;)