October 20, 2013 · 11:30 AM
This is about 9 mile mostly easy hike [only hard part is you may have to hike a bit on the sand]....mainly hiking on the beach [about 5.7 miles on the beach] with lunch/break/nap at the end of the beach at the Limantour spit :)
Good chances of seeing seals, birds and other wildlife.
Weather is 'supposed' to be nice this weekend.
Hike Highlights: beach, beach, beach :)
Bring enough water and lunch and something to share if u like :). As usual, remember, tastier snacks get you more friends ;)
Meet at the Muddy hollow parking at 11:30AM.
• From San Francisco take 101 to San Rafael.
• Exit onto Sir Francis Drake Blvd [exit will be marked 'san anselmo'].
• Continue west on Sir Francis Drake to Olema. You will reach a T-intersection [by the Olema Inn]. That is hiway 1.
• Turn right [onto highway 1 north].
• After about a block turn left into 'bear valley road' [the sign will say 'to lighthouse'..this is easy to miss].
• Drive about 1.8 miles and turn left on to Limantour Road.
• After about 5.9 miles on Limantour road, you will get to an intersection with 'Muddy Hollow' sign pointing right. Make a right there and drive to the end to the trailhead parking lot.
Approximate GPS for the parking lot: N[masked] W[masked]
Bring some warm clothing also as the weather can change quickly here.
Dogs are NOT allowed on the trails here :(
Disclaimer: Its your own responsibility to look after yourself on the hike if u decide to join us. You assume all the risks including sharing my lunch ;)