Here's a nice about 7 mile moderate [with a couple of steep sections] hike through grasslands, lagoon and great views, to end the year with :)
My estimate is we should be done by 3:30 or 4pm [if not earlier] so you can go back get ready for the parties :)
Hike Highlights: Views, beach, fun people and no rain ;)
Bring enough water, lunch and something to share if you like [remember, tastier snack gets you more friends ;)]
We'll have a lunch on top of a hill with nice views.
Meet at the Rodeo beach parking lot near the restrooms at 10:30 AM.
From San Francsico:
- Get on 101 North and cross the Golden Gate Bridge Take the Alexander Avenue exit (second exit after crossing the bridge)
- Stay on the right on the exit ramp to get onto Alexander Avenue
- Turn left on Bunker Road, a brown sign saying "Marin Headlands Visitor Center" marks the intersection
- Go through the one-way tunnel and drive approximately 3 miles to the Rodeo beach parking lot
From East bay:
- Take 580 West to the Richmond / San Rafael Bridge.
- Take the second exit after the bridge to go through Larkspur and get on 101 South
- Follow 101 South through the Waldo tunnel (the one with rainbows)
- Take the "Sausalito" exit just before the Golden Gate Bridge
- Follow the signs for Sausalito [have to go under 101 to the east side] and take left on bunker Dr. through the tunnel and follow the directions above.
Approx GPS coordinates for the trailhead: N37.832227 W122.538816
Dogs are not allowed on our loop
See u soon!
Disclaimer: Its your own responsibility to look after yourself on the hike if u decide to join us. You assume all the risks including sharing my food ;)
Note: Meetup has removed the 'Maybe' rsvp option from their entire site. So if you are not sure of going, you are welcome to respond as Yes and in your comments, you can mention as you are a 'maybe' ...:) No problem if you don't show up :)