This is a mostly easy 8 mile [round trip] hike along the coast trail which goes through a couple of ponds and beautiful lakes to the Alamere falls which is a 50ft waterfall pouring into the ocean. We'll have lunch at the top of the falls or if you are brave enough, you can scramble down to the beach.
We can also take a short break at the bass lake if we have time :)
Also, if we are lucky enough, we may be able to spot some whales. So bring your binoculars.
After the hike, we can get something to eat at the 'Coast cafe' in downtown Bolinas..if you like to join
Hike Highlights: Lakes, waterfalls, beach, views, poison oak, fun people, birds and chocolates and possible whales
We'll meet at the dirt parking lot at the trailhead at 11:30am
- Take 101 north across the Golden Gate bridge from SF.
- Take the Highway 1 exit towards Mill Valley/Stinson Beach.
- From Highway 1 about 4.1 miles north of Stinson Beach,
turn west [left] on an unsigned road. Here's the street view
If you miss that, just a few feet after there will be another road going left (signed "Olema/Bolinas Road" farther on, better to have a GPS since it seems the sign gets removed frequently), you will see a a big white house on the right side. Make a left here.
Here's the street view
- After 1.8 miles on Olema/Bolinas Road turn right on Mesa Road [there will be a stop sign and a sign below 'Point reyes bird obs 4mi pointing to right]. Travel 3.5 miles,
turn right where the pavement ends, then go 1.3 miles to the Palomarin trailhead on a dirt road.
From East bay:
- Take Richmond-San Rafael bridge.
- Exit onto Sir Francis Drake Blvd., and continue till you get to the exit to 101.
- Take 101 south towards San Francisco.
- Take the Highway 1 exit towards Mill Valley/Stinson Beach and follow the directions above.
GPS coordinates for the parking lot: N[masked] W[masked]
Google Map Link
No dogs allowed in the park
Bring lunch and something to share if u like. Remember, tastier snacks get you more friends ;)
See u there! :)
WARNING: This place has lot of poison oak. So long pants are recommended.
Disclaimer: Its your own responsibility to look after yourself on the hike if u decide to join us. You assume all the risks including sharing my lunch :)
NOTE: As usual since meetup site has removed the maybe option, feel free to sign up as yes and not go or not sign up and just show up...or whatever other combinations possible ;)