SFBayCafe Message Board › Where to get affordable waterproof hiking boots?

Where to get affordable waterproof hiking boots?

A former member
Post #: 5
Hi all,

Trying to get a pair of waterproof hiking boots for the first time in my life. Looking for s'th <$80 if possible. Any suggestions for:

1. Brand/model?
2. Which store to get them?

Tried Sports Basement already but anything waterproof is >$100 (I am guessing REI will be the same?). Big 5 in Sunset is way too far for me (I live in Nob Hill). Thx!

Thomas.
A former member
Post #: 1
Hey Thomas,

You can order some online...you can get a pair of Columbia or Trekker for less than $100.00.

http://www.cabelas.co...­

Have fun.

Jerry L.
Jim L
jbred53
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 2
Big 5 is worth a trip because you can get a bargain. It's a bit of a crapshoot regarding sizes on hand. I got some waterproof Hi-Techs last year for $40. I could do a short backpack trip in them, but not a long backpack trip. Dayhiking is good.

Jim
Mike
user 3443702
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 22
Hi Thomas

The North Face outlet store in Berkeley. It's a little bit out of town but for boots and camping gear there are great bargains to be had. I haven't been there for a couple of years but I assume it's still there and if you Google it you should be able to track down the address.

Regs

Mike