Bay Area Argentine Tango Message Board › Are there any members of this group going to Milonga regularly?

Are there any members of this group going to Milonga regularly?

A former member
Post #: 5
Hi everyone,

I am wondering if any of you going to Milonga on a weekly, bi-monthly or even a monthly basis?
I am a follower who need to practice what I have learned so far. But need the group motivation to go out to a milonga. Going alone is ok, but more fun in a group. So if any of you (leaders or followers) feels the same way or feeling like helping me grow please contact me. In the city (SF) is best.

Thank you!!
~dewi~
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi, I am looking for the same. I am a leader, inermediate level and I would like to improve. I took some classes in Berkeley and I would love to be more regular so to improve.
I heard about The beat and Allegro ballroom in the east bay, but I am new to the area.

Thanks,
Nino
Svetlana
user 11533017
Walnut Creek, CA
Post #: 1
Hi, I am a follower and would like to find people to go together to practice tango. Going together with a small group is better that going along. I know the dance school in Emerville they have the tango class with milonga after. My favorite day and time - Sunday afternoon. Also, we can check the schedule on Tangomango.com, pick the date, time and place, and go. Please let me know what do think.

Svetlana
A former member
Post #: 3
Sunday afternoon sounds good to me as well as emeryville, since I live in Berkeley.
I don't know (I am new here) if there are room in some gyms that can be used for practicas without reserve them.
I will ask the tango people at UCB. I don't remember when the Allegro gym has their milongas.
Do you know?

Nino
Svetlana
user 11533017
Walnut Creek, CA
Post #: 2
Nino,

Here is the information for Sunday and there are a lot other places that we can go. You can find the information on: http://www.tangomango...­. Maybe I will go this Sunday for both classes but not staying for Practilonga. Let me know if you want to go.

Julian's Tango Class & Practilonga @ The Allegro ×

Sunday, Sep. 26
2:00 - 3:00 Beg. class by Julian Ramil
3:00 - 4:00 Int/Adv. class by Julian Ramil
4:00 - 6:00 Practilonga

Classes $8 Members, $12 Non-Members
Practica $6 or free with either class

Allegro Ballroom
5855 Christie Avenue
Emeryville, CA

Or I just received an e-mail for this Sunday

Sep 26 Sun 6:45 PM
19 Heron St
San Francisco, CA 94103
415-225-3878

A former member
Post #: 4
This sunday I am going to a salsa event in SF, but saturday (from tangomango.com) there is an open air milonga 2-6pm in Berkeley. I will be there for sure.

Let's keep in touch.
Thanks,
Nino
A former member
Post #: 6
Hello all, I am going to the free practica tomorrow at Bollyhood studio.
Here are the details:

Sunday, Oct. 10
1:30 - 3:00

Bollyhood Cafe
3368 19th Street
between Mission & Capp Streets
San Francisco, CA
Map

Every Sunday
Great space to practice. Free parking on the streets since it is Sunday!
Bollyhood Cafe has a bar and serves lite snacks, coffee and cool beverages.
Hosted by Glenn
www.sfotango.com
vonkaefer
user 4541149
San Carlos, CA
Post #: 1
Looks like I will go to milongas at least every week :)
I think I am still in shape for being up-intermediate follower with a lot of experience with open, close embrace, pulpo-style :)))
I would love to have a partner to go to classes as well - practicing same movements and then dancing them at milongas makes dancing sooo enjoyable :)))
A former member
Post #: 8
Tomorrow I am going to a milonga plus classes at Allegro ballroom. Let me know if someone want to join.
Nino