Thank you all for stopping by Peet's on Thursday for some inspiring conversation! For those of you who couldn't make it, here are a few of the topics we covered:
- Fundamental vs. technical vs. microstructure trading -- who is an accountant, a chartist, or a market-maker?
- Mental approach to trading -- watch the "whole market," or just a few charts? Avoiding the snake-oil psychobabble of the day-trading industry.
- Different brokerages from a retail investor's perspective -- who has the best API, the cheapest fees, and the least slippage?
- Strategy automation -- coding your model for lifestyle improvement, to force yourself to be consistent with your rules, and setting your P&L stops.
- Buy side job hunting -- finding a risk-taking role within a smaller organization.
- Investment bank culture -- or lack thereof.
I am hoping to organize another meeting in a few weeks with a focus on a particular topic. Perhaps we could ask Warren to talk about fundamental analysis, or Judith to cover the terminology of forex technical analysis, or I could talk about option (volatility) pricing...? Does anyone have any thoughts?