2D Artist (6 month contract)
This position will contribute to the artistic vision and development of a 2D product with a focus on creating Characters, Objects, and Modular Components using traditional fine art and technical art skills. Establishing the games artistic style, development pipelines, technical parameters, quality standards, and production goals. Creating conceptual designs, 2D sprites, animations, UI, and FX. Must possess the ability to effectively collaborate with the other team members and evaluate the in game results of own work.
- Works with other team members to define the visual style of the game and the technical processes needed to put those results on screen. This entails researching and testing which techniques or tools most help the game meet its goals.
- Capable of managing the interplay between art and game design to ensure that goals are realistic and feasible within the budget and time allowed.
- Prepared to be involved in problem solving for all aspects of the games development and seek out solutions to complex problems.
- Possess strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Clearly communicate updates and properly escalate concerns to the rest of the team.
Engient is a newly formed independent game developer in San Fransisco, with two co-founders who are striving to engineer entertainment. Our goal is to make games that connect with players conceptually, and that payout in fun every time they pick up the controller.
Traditional fine art skills and training (illustration, painting, organic forms, manufactured forms, costumes, color theory, 2D design).
- 2D software such as Photoshop or similar.
Familiarity with source control and related concepts.
- Familiarity with video game product development including, but not limited to: work-flow, tools, particle systems, etc.
- Modern 2D (not pixel art) development experience.
Strong communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
Being able to work in San Francisco CA.
Apply via?[address removed]
Engient Inc (Studio 6)
340 Bryant St
San Francisco, CA 94107
Note: Please do not send original works, as we will not be able to return them.