We already had a taste of CSS3 back in July, and we are ready for more. Michael Mullany, from Sencha (which makes HTML5 based SDKs and tools), generously offered to take up deeper into the world of CSS Transforms and Transitions - a.k.a. eye-candy :-)
Animations are built on top of CSS Transforms and Transitions, and provide a keyframe-based animation technology for web page animation. In this session, I'll cover the elements of CSS transitions and transforms and the state of their implementation in current browsers. Then I'll move into CSS Animations and show the mechanics of creating timelines, animation nestings, performance optimization and more. I'll also compare and contrast CSS3 Animations with SVG based animations.
The meeting will be taking place at Vertical Brands, the home of one of our newest sponsors, who have generously provided us with a venue and some cool additions to our typical events.
- 6:30-7 Pizza, Games, and Networking
- Pizza and soft drinks sponsored by Kaazing will be served.
- There will also be a kegerator for your drinking pleasure provided by Vertical Brands.
- Vertical Brands has also set up 2 game rooms for everyone to use before and after the event.
- Room 1: Xbox Kinect
- Room 2: Two foosball tables ~ foosball experts bring your game face for a quick tournament :)
- 7:00-7:15 Announcements and Sponsor Introduction
- 7:15 Presentation, followed by QA
- 8:30 Lighting talks
- 8:50 Giveaways and Wrap-up
For those of you unable to attend, we'll be streaming the presentation live. You can access the live feed here: CSS Animations
About Michael Mullany:
Michael Mullany is VP of Products & Marketing at Sencha, which makes HTML5 based SDKs and tools. He started his career doing product management for the Netscape browser and has done technical product management and marketing for Loudcloud, VMware and EngineYard among other companies.