|A former member||
Hey, Neighbor! is a great new startup that brings neighbors together for collaboration and trusted nearby connections. As part of the growing Collaborative Consumption movement, Hey, Neighbor! helps neighbors save time and money, reduce environmental impact, and strengthen communities. Hey, Neighbor! provides an easy way to exchange favors, share announcements, and get to know your neighbors a little better.
We've been featured in WIRED, CNN, Fortune, and as a pioneer in Collaborative Consumption. We are looking to build out our team so that we can meet the demand and grow quickly.
We are looking for a Technical lead with expertise in social networking and mobile app development to join our team. A part-time arrangement will be considered for the right candidate. The compensation is equity-only for the short-term while we raise a seed/angel round. Consideration for co-founder status for the right candidate. We're based in SF and NY, but are open to remote working arrangements.
- Work closely with co-founders to guide development for new product features
- Identify appropriate technical partnership opportunities, APIs, and tools
- Assist with strategic planning for future feature rollouts and scaling
- Develop code. We are looking for someone who can architect and write code.
- Ensure quality implementation, debugging, and rapid release of new code
- Manage any technical resources or team members
- Manage deployment and performance monitoring
- Facebook/Twitter APIs and other APIs/web technologies
- SMS integration (Twilio)
- E-Commerce experience (Paypal integration)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative atmosphere
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Management experience and previous social network start up experience
- College degree in computer science a plus
If you're interested in joining our team, please email daniel [a] heyneighbor dot com. If you have samples of your work, we'd love to see them. We look forward to hearing from you!