addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

SF Node.js Message Board › Ruby on Rails Fast Track Weekend - San Francisco

Ruby on Rails Fast Track Weekend - San Francisco

Toby M.
user 13141766
Group Organizer
San Francisco, CA
Ruby on Rails Weekend Workshop
Fast Track Learning Weekend

Zoom into Ruby on Rails web development with a weekend course offered by renowned teacher and author Daniel Kehoe hosted @ App Academy

"5 stars and 2 thumbs up for the two day Rails course with Daniel Kehoe"-- Kathy S, Cupertino, CA
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is designed for YOU if you are new to Ruby on Rails and...

• You are a startup founder who wants to build an application
  • You are getting ready for a developer bootcamp (or making plans to apply)
  • You want to pursue a career as a professional web developer
  • You want a little respect from your software engineering team
  • You are an accomplished coder or sysadmin—but need to learn Rails
  • You want to know how the "cool kids" use Ruby on Rails

No matter who you are, this workshop will put rocket boosters on your first steps into web development.
In two intense days, you will:

• Learn the basics of the Ruby language
  • Build a real Rails application step-by-step
  • Adopt a professional workflow using git
  • Deploy your application to the web using Heroku

About the Instructor:
Daniel Kehoe has passionately educated developers for many years. He is the creator of the popular RailsAppsproject, which offers tutorials and example applications for professional Rails developers. He is a former writer and editor at PC WORLD and NeXTWORLD magazines who has been working with Rails since 2006 as a developer and CTO in multiple startups. He is known for a dynamic and enthusiastic teaching style and a commitment to empowering students to become successful Rails developers.

"I'm glad I took the class, good info and great delivery! You definitely pointed me in the right direction and I would recommend the class to others."-- Sandro J, Santa Clara, CA
How It Works
Preparation
You should have a basic familiarity with HTML and CSS as taught in a typical "Introduction to Web Design" class or book. You will receive some helpful resources to get you started in the weeks leading up to the course as well.
You will need to bring your own laptop computer and install the necessary software beforehand (instructions and troubleshooting will be provided).
During the Class
The course will be taught using a combination of direct lectures, independent exercises and collaborative project work that will give you a chance to apply what you've learned immediately and to learn with other students.
You'll have plenty of chances to ask questions and work directly with the instructor along the way.
Afterwards
We'll get you pointed in the right direction to continue your education, whatever your goals might be, and will provide you with the resources you need to help you on your way.

"Excellent workshop, I liked it a lot in that it gave me a good foundation that I can now use to learn more advanced aspects of Ruby on Rails."-- Marat N, San Jose, CA
Workshop Schedule:
Friday 7pm-9pm

• Installation Checkup
  • Drinks and Snacks

Saturday 9am - 6pm

• Breakfast
  • Ruby on Rails fundamentals
  • Lunch
  • Ruby 101

Sunday 9am - 6pm

• Breakfast
  • Building Rails applications