SF Bay Area Organizers Resource Group Message Board Meetup Marketing Ideas? Post here. › Asking for Advice from Meetup Group Organizers

Asking for Advice from Meetup Group Organizers

A former member
Post #: 1
I sent a emails to a few of you directly. Apologizing for the dupe, I just realized this was a more effective approach.

I want to ask for advice for perks and sponsorship of groups.

Matches That Matter is a new social introduction service targeting singles over 40. Our model is unique to the industry. We bring a compatible group of 6 men and 6 women together for 3 activities at local non-profits, lasting 2-3 hours each. This format allows them to get to know each other in a natural low pressure environment while giving back to their community.

We are open to a variety of sponsorship options ranging from referral fees to sponsorship of events; our goal is to design an option that works best for sponsors of Meet-up groups and is effective. One thoughts is a click through campaign - say $20 to the Group Sponsor per new members who uses the name of the group as the promo code. Another idea is to pay the $19.95 monthly fee.

Do you have thoughts? We're a start-up and launched about ten days ago.

Our other problem is the need to pull men in ... Currently, we have hundreds of women and only a few dozen men. We're targeting hobby groups, as well as single groups, knowing that 30% of people in their 40’s, 50’s and 60’s are single. And most singles put a lot of time into their hobbies - so Meetup Groups focused on hobbies that are more attractive to men seem to be good candidates for sponsorship

I can be reached at 510-496-0040

Thanking you in advance,
Elizabeth Pearce
www.MatchesThatMatter.com