For May's meetup, Santiago Suarez Ordoñez, committer for Selenium will show you the best practices for writing automated functional tests for your Python Web Apps.
6:15p - Check-in and mingle,with Pizza and Beer provided by our generous sponsor Yelp!
7:00p - Welcome and announcements
7:10p - 3-4 Lightning Talks (5 minutes each)
7:30p - Featured Talk
8:15p - Q & A and more mingling, ping pong, pool
10:00p - Doors close. Late owls continue on to Thirty Bear
*Please take note of the important check-in details at Yelp*
Lightning talks line-up:
Scott Lobdell - How to generate collages using python imaging library and binary trees
Brain Rue - Things you might not know about Python Exceptions
Shannon -jj Behrens - Using Python to control Minecraft
Selenium for pythonistas is aimed at full-stack python web developers, who although aren't QA engineers, would still like to produce higher quality code by incorporating functional tests to their toolkit. You will get a solid understanding of why and when Selenium should be used as well as best practices for writing robust and maintainable tests for your python web apps that can be run in any continuous integration setup.
Main Speaker's Bio:
Santiago Suarez Ordoñez is currently a Lead Backend Developer at Sauce Labs and a committer for Selenium, an open-source automated testing framework. For almost four years now, he has helped Sauce's biggest customers improve their test automation skills, played a key part in building Sauce Labs' cloud-based browser testing service and contributed to making Selenium reach the level of quality we all enjoy today. He has also presented at numerous testing conferences and tech meet-ups.
*** important logistics***
If you've encountered something cool recently, please submit a topic for your lightning talk when you RSVP for the event. Please note that recruiting pitches are unacceptable as lightning talks. Don't know what lightning talks are? Learn more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning_Talk
- Doors will open at 6:15pm to allow enough time for the check-in process.
- Please update the name on your account to reflect your FIRST NAME and LAST NAME. Yelp Security and Hy will be checking IDs at the door. *Please note: You WILL ONLY be allowed into the event if we have your first and last name (that matches the name on your ID) prior to the event.
- Beer and wine will be served at this event. Please keep in mind only folks 21 and over are allowed into the event. (Another reason for the ID check)
- If you will be bringing a guest, please provide us with their first and last name as well.
- Waiting list folks will be allowed into the event AFTER we admit all confirmed attendees.
- Yelp is generously providing pizza, drinks, and beer in addition to their venue space. Please respect and abide by the attached event terms/guidelines: YELP EVENT GUIDELINES.
As usual, looking forward to meeting you and feel free to ping me with questions or suggestions -