San Francisco Python Meetup Group Message Board › San Francisco Python Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Software Tools and Infrastructure Engineer @ VMware
|A former member||
Use your passion for Python and the latest languages/technologies building applications at VMware!
VMware, the industry leader in high-performance, enterprise-class x86 virtualization technology, is looking for an organized and detail-oriented Tools and Infrastructure Engineer to play a critical role in VMware’s development infrastructure. In this position, you will be involved in building and maintaining core infrastructure tools to help drive the software development process in VMware, including: continuous integration system, code quality tools (such as code coverage, static/ dynamic analysis tools), and vCloud-based dynamic test bed authoring and provisioning tools, as well as others.
• BS in CS/CE.
• 3+ years of development expertise of building automation tools used in large-scale systems/process management
• Working knowledge of web application development using Django & Python
• Have experience working on all the layers of the stack such as UI, API(web services), Database & backend services
• Passion for Linux and open source projects such as Hudson, JIRA, GridEngine etc.
• Have used Code Coverage tools (such as Gcov, Cobertura, Emma etc.), static or dynamic code analysis tools (eg. Coverity, Fortify, Lint, findbugs etc.)
• Have developed / have knowledge of continuous integration testing system; test case management system; defect tracking system etc.
• Programming languages – Java , C
• Scripting languages such as - Python, Perl, Shell scripting
• Working knowledge of Databases - MySql
• Operating systems – Linux , ESX , Windows
• Knowledgeable in Linux development toolchain (compilers, linkers, debugger)