San Francisco Python Meetup Group Message Board › San Francisco Python Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Seeking "Rock Star" Build Engineer, San Francisco or CA, Sunnyval
|A former member||
Like analyzing and breaking complex systems?
Excited by virtualization and networking?
Ready to work on something big?
We’ve got the job for you.
You’ll be working on serious software that over 75 of the 100 biggest global companies put in the core of their networks. You’ll be surrounded by experts in the field, but be empowered to forge your own path. You’ll have the right tools – from a hands-off, fully-automated lab with a few thousand machines at your disposal, to a test code library built so that you concentrate on your test logic, not the trivial stuff. We understand that you need just enough of the right processes, so you’ll take part in code reviews and use proven documentation and progress tracking standards that help us build and test rock-solid products. And most importantly, you’ll have new challenges at every turn.
We’re a fun group that feels more “Web 2.0” than “Big Company.” You can run Mac OS, Windows, or Linux with double monitors and your favorite ergo keyboard – we don’t care, as long as it fits your style.
Full-time –San Francisco or Sunnyvale, CA
• Develop, extend and maintain our current and next generation build systems
• Work with members of our entire Development and QA organization to deliver high quality reliable products.
• Document and track your work and participate in code and design reviews.
• 2+ years implementing/maintaining a build infrastructure on a Linux/UNIX platform. Experience in a mixed environment with Unix/Linux, Windows and OS X is preferred.
• Must be solid in make, autoconf, RPM, Subversion, shell scripting, and Perl.
• BS in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering or a related area.
• Solid attention to detail.
• Must be customer focused.
• Must be able to work alone and as part of a team.
• Must be able to give and receive constructive criticism.
• Have excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
• Prefer a candidate with experience with any or all of the following: GNU Make, cmake, PHP, HTML, XML, bourne shell and SQL.
• Candidate with C/C++ software development experience.
• Candidate with Linux system administration experience.
• Ability to be creative, efficient and productive with minimal supervision or guidance.
Riverbed Technology (NASDAQ: RVBD) is a San Francisco-based company. We feature an attractive compensation package including salary, stock options, employee stock purchase program, 401(k) matching, and comprehensive benefits. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer, M/F/D/V.