San Francisco Python Meetup Group Message Board › San Francisco Python Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Seeking "Rock Star" Lab Engineer, San Francisco, CA
|A former member||
Like analyzing and configuring complex computer systems?
Excited by networking and virtualization?
Ready to work on something big?
We've got the job for you.
We're a fun group that feels more "Web 2.0" than "Big Company." You can run Mac OS, Windows, or Linux with double monitors and your favorite ergo keyboard – we don't care, as long as it fits your style. It's not surprising that we were voted one of the 2010 best places to work in the San Francisco Bay Area by the SF Business Times.
Lab Engineer - San Francisco, CA Full Time
* Maintain, troubleshoot, and design lab systems (networks, servers, storage, virtualization...)
* Install computers into lab environment and wire systems up
* Problem solving wizardry
* Self guided - self motivated
* Great team skills
* Experience working with Linux and/or Windows
* VMware ESX/ESXi and vCenter
* IP networking devices like switches and routers -- ideally Cisco or Force10 equipment
* Working with/troubleshooting x86 computer hardware
* Linux/Unix Systems Administration background
* Perl scripting
Riverbed Technology (NASDAQ: RVBD) is a San Francisco-based company near CalTrain, Muni, and BART. We feature an attractive compensation package including salary, stock options, employee stock purchase program, 401(k) matching, and comprehensive benefits. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer, M/F/D/V.