|A former member||
Like analyzing and breaking complex systems?
Excited by performance and networking?
Ready to work on something big?
We’ve got the job for you.
You’ll be working on serious software that over 75 of the 100 biggest global companies put in the core of their networks. You’ll have the right tools – from a hands-off, fully-automated lab with a few thousand machines at your disposal, to a test code library built so that you concentrate on your test logic, not the trivial stuff. You’ll be surrounded by experts in the field, be put out in the field interacting with customers, and be empowered to forge your own path. We understand that you need just enough of the right processes, so you’ll take part in code reviews and use proven documentation and progress tracking standards that help us build and test rock-solid products. And most importantly, you’ll have new challenges at every turn.
We’re a fun group that feels more “Web 2.0” than “Big Company.” You can run Mac OS, Windows, or Linux with double monitors and your favorite ergo keyboard – we don’t care, as long as it fits your style. It’s not surprising that we were voted one of the 2010 best places to work in the San Francisco Bay Area by the SF Business Times.
Store and Performance Quality Assurance Engineer
QA Software Engineer-Store and Performance
Full-time – San Francisco or Sunnyvale, CA
• You will design, execute, and automate test plans to ensure that Riverbed’s products meet and exceed industry standards in quality.
• Interact with various groups in Riverbed including Development and Product Management to ensure that all the groups are consistent on the requirements.
• Create automation scripts and tools to verify the performance of Riverbed’s Network Appliances.
• Analyze large data sets containing performance data and TCP traces.
• Apply understanding of networks and network protocols, along with programming skills to analyze TCP/IP network traces to find implementation, compliance, and performance problems with the Riverbed appliance.
• Oversee more junior QA Engineers as needed to ensure cohesive and timely implementation of company’s objectives.
• Work with customers to diagnose and resolve issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in CS/CE/EE/Math/Physics or related fields and five years QA experience; or
• Master’s degree in CS/CE/EE/Math/Physics or related fields and three years of QA experience.
• Scripting and/or programming using one of the following: perl, python, ruby, tcl, C/C#/Objective C/C++, or java.
• Strong ability to analyze disparate data sets and quickly focus in on areas of anomaly
• Strong experience with QA Engineering methodologies.
• Strong experience with Unix/Linux
• Great logical debugging ability.
• Have excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
• Can approach complex problem-solving and troubleshooting tasks with creativity.
• Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and methodologies.
• Solid attention to detail.
• Can work on your own but know when to ask for help.
• Fluency in object-oriented Perl and shell command line.
• Familiarity with networking (TCP/IP routing/switching, iOS/CatOS devices, WANs, iSCSI, etc.) and Wireshark.
Riverbed Technology (NASDAQ: RVBD) is a San Francisco-based company near CalTrain, Muni, and BART. In Sunnyvale, we are close to CalTrain (via Mary Moffett Shuttle). We feature an attractive compensation package including salary, stock options, employee stock purchase program, 401(k) matching, and comprehensive benefits. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer, M/F/D/V.