San Francisco Python Meetup Group Message Board › San Francisco Python Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Seeking "Super Duper" Software Test Engineers to join our team in
|A former member||
Like analyzing and breaking complex systems?
Excited Networking and Virtualization?
Ready to work on something big?
We’ve got the job for you.
Click http://recruit.trovix... to apply.
You’ll be working on serious software that over 80 of the 100 biggest global companies put in the core of their networks. You’ll be surrounded by experts in the field, but be empowered to forge your own path. You’ll have the right tools – from a hands-off, fully-automated lab with a few thousand machines at your disposal, to a test code library built so that you concentrate on your test logic, not the trivial stuff. We understand that you need just enough of the right processes, so you’ll take part in code reviews and use proven documentation and progress tracking standards that help us build and test rock-solid products. And most importantly, you’ll have new challenges at every turn.
We’re a fun group that feels more “Web 2.0” than “Big Company.” We rock out on the game room Guitar Hero, hold Friday night keggers, and we even have the occasional something we call “Mustache Mondays” (fake mustaches provided). You can run Mac OS, Windows, or Linux with double monitors and your favorite ergo keyboard – we don’t care, as long as it fits your style. It’s not surprising that we were voted one of the 2010 best places to work in the San Francisco Bay Area by the SF Business Times.
QA Software Engineer-Network Integration
Full-time –San Francisco, Sunnyvale or Champaign IL
• Develop, extend, execute, and analyze regression, functional, and performance test plans and automation for our networking components and products.
• Identify, setup, test, and troubleshoot permutations of software, hardware, and network configurations.
• Develop and extend scripts, programs, and other tools to implement test automation.
• Document and track your work and participate in code and design reviews.
• Bachelor’s degree in CS/CE/EE/Math/Physics or related fields and four years QA experience; or
• Master’s degree in CS/CE/EE/Math/Physics or related fields and two years of QA experience.
• Scripting and/or programming using one of the following: Perl, python, ruby, and tcl, C/C #/Objective C /C++, or Java.
• IP networking and protocols (TCP/IP, Routing/Switching, Policy-based routing, L4 switching, IOS/CatOS devices, WAN technologies.)
• Networking appliances and tools (switches, routers, Wireshark, Ixia, or Spirent Smartbits); Use of wireshark to look at captured files and analyze for various patterns
• Working with and maintaining Unix or Linux flavored environments, including trouble shooting issues/problems with those systems
• Strong experience with QA Engineering methodologies.
• Great logical debugging ability. Have excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
• Can approach complex problem-solving and troubleshooting tasks with creativity.
• Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and methodologies.
• Solid attention to detail. Can work on your own but know when to ask for help
• Fluency in object-oriented Perl and shell command line. Familiarity with Linux/UNIX-based systems. Familiarity with IPv6 Networking
Riverbed Technology (NASDAQ: RVBD) is a San Francisco-based company. We feature an attractive compensation package including salary, stock options, employee stock purchase program, 401(k) matching, and comprehensive benefits. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer, M/F/D/V.