San Francisco Python Meetup Group Message Board › San Francisco Python Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Beatport is looking to hire a Sr. DevOps Engineer for our San Francisco office
We have a new position open on our team for a DevOps Engineer. We are a fast growing Web based company operating in a LAMP / Agile environment .
Beatport (www.beatport.com) has set up shop in San Francisco and we are continuing to build our Agile LAMP based development team. Beatport is the recognized leader of electronic music downloads by DJs and fans alike delivering content in premium-encoded formats that match the professional performance quality standards of the world's leading sound systems. We have been around for over 7 years and have managed to stay small (50+ employees) while enjoying a fun, creative culture.
As a DevOps Engineer at Beatport you will work on a 5 to 7 member, cross-functional Agile Scrum team (Application, User Experience, QA, DB, and DevOps) building solutions to address business and technology needs. You will apply your knowledge and expertise proposing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining technology for a development team on a daily basis. The DevOps team is responsible for building tools and processes to facilitate higher quality products, deployed quickly, easily and reliably.
All team members are encouraged to work with each other to solve complex problems outside of their specialization. We have a highly collaborative environment where the team works together with Product Experts and Stakeholders to define solutions. As a team member, you will be a part of planning sessions at the beginning of each 2 week development iteration where you will be responsible for planning, tasking, and estimating user stories. At the end of each iteration you will be involved with presenting and releasing your team's work.
Typical job responsibilities include:
● Working closely with the Infrastructure team to define and implement solutions necessary for the success of your development team.
● Deploying your teams projects to all environments.
● Support of all Infrastructure related functions for a development team, such as development environments, CI tools, and deployment tools.
● The research, selection, planning and implementation of new technologies needed for development projects.
● Management of configuration, deployment, and monitoring for all project related technologies.
● Support for all related products and triage any issues that come up.
To land this job you'll need:
● Minimum of 3 years of experience in software deployment or equivalent training
● Ability to write code to achieve your goals, Python preferred
● Ability to package and deploy software, RPM and Yum is preferred
● Practical experience managing Linux systems, preferably RHEL/Fedora
● A strong understanding of software deployment tools and strategies
● A strong understanding of distributed source control systems (Mercurial, Git)
● Practical experience with Puppet, Spacewalk, and Cobbler
● Effective, clear communication regarding implementation details such as failover strategies, backup strategies, and resource requirements
Skills that would make you awesome at this job:
● Knowledge of PHP, PHP Frameworks, and PHP tools
● Effective use of monitoring tools such as ZenOSS and Statsd
● Ability to get things done quickly, with a drive to do it right.
Please contact me or send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Nick Gasparro | Talent Acquisition
Beatport | play with music
Denver, Colorado USA 80205