San Francisco Python Meetup Group Message Board › San Francisco Python Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Seeking an Applications Architect to join the team at SAY Media (SF)
San Francisco, CA
SAY Media is seeking an Applications Architect to lead the way for a family of applications used to manage our business as a modern media company. This person will be member of SAY’s applications team, working with tech leads and engineers to develop and evolve an architecture and data model that scales to support large data systems and complex business processes.
The ideal candidate will have strong skills in understanding large scale problems and creating software abstractions, architecture, and frameworks to develop our applications. This person will have extensive experience developing web applications and has great communication and technical leadership skills. The candidate will also have solid experience working in back-end systems and developing APIs. An understanding of advertising systems is a big plus.
This is a full-time position in our San Francisco office and will report to the Director of Engineering. All applicants will be tested on software development and computer science topics including algorithms, software architecture, software design patterns, and performance analysis.
- Drive the application architecture, frameworks, and data models for a family of applications supporting Ad Network and Site Analytics business processes. Applications are built using Python/Django
- Collaborate with tech leads and software developers to provide guidance on design issues, and lead design and code reviews
- Work closely with other architects, product management, and business teams to discuss and refine models to meet business requirements
- Lead and evangelize software development best practices in an Agile environment. Propose and define new processes to make the engineering organization more effective.
- Hands-on development is expected (although not the primary focus)
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle
- Work with QA to ensure a maintainable and testable software design
- 10+ years software engineering experience
- 2+ years experience developing software architecture
- 3+ years of software engineering in Python (strongly preferred) or Perl.
- Experience working with LAMP stack, strong UNIX/Linux expertise required
- Strong systems modeling experience required to understand large, complex problems
- Expertise in developing software in a distributed environment
- Solid skills in object oriented programming and architectural design patterns
- Strong experience leading and driving an effective Agile development process
- Experience working in a company environment involving a healthy product management organization, architects, engineering, QA, and customer-facing support
- Experience writing code in a Continuous Integration environment
- Proven ability to participate in multiple, concurrent projects
- Clear, concise written and verbal communications skills
- Work on-site in San Francisco. This position has no remote work option
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience
SAY is a global digital media company. We work with the best content creators online and turn them into truly great and lasting media brands. Together we deliver beautiful editorial experiences that connect with and engage audiences. It’s our technology, vision and people that make it possible. Our portfolio of media properties includes some of the most talented and influential voices in Style, Living, Food and Tech. These inspired, passionate people love what they do and it shows in the high quality content they create - and the loyal audiences that follow them. We connect brands with these amazing creators and their audiences in authentic and scalable ways.
Drawing on expertise in social publishing, distribution and authentic digital marketing, the SAY team helps today's leading online voices and top consumer brands engage with more than 400 million people around the world.
Based in San Francisco, California, SAY Media is in 11 markets throughout the US, Canada, the UK, and Australia, and has around 400 employees worldwide. Recently listed at #11 on Deloitte's Technology Fast 500 and ranked among the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the SF Business Times, SAY is comprised of an eclectic group of thinkers and doers, focused on building the modern media company, bridging technical, creative, and business disciplines.
Engineering at SAY
CLICK HERE to apply