San Francisco Python Meetup Group Message Board Job Listings › VC-backed startup seeking Python engineer for Mobile Big Data Opportunity

VC-backed startup seeking Python engineer for Mobile Big Data Opportunity

Alvin Lau
LauAlvin
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 36
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Hi,

I'm cofounder of Alohar Mobile, located in Palo Alto. Robert Scoble named Alohar Mobile atop his list of the 9 hottest technology companies he met last year.

We are looking for a Python engineer with Java experience for a Mobile Big Data opportunity. We are developing the first Context-as-a-Service Platform (CaaS) for mobile apps and smartphones. This cloud-based Data Analytics platform enables a whole new category of intelligent and context-aware mobile apps -- like Predictive Siri and Google Now.

Come join the team whose platform has been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, Inc Magazine, WSJ, Gigaom, and other media outlets.

https://www.alohar.co...­

My cofounder was the Platform Architect of Google's "Blue Dot" location service used by many mobile apps.

Please feel free to email me your resume: alvin@alohar.com

Regards, Alvin Lau

JOB DESCRIPTION BELOW

Senior Software Engineer

Responsibilities

● Design and implement reliable and scalable systems that analyze large data sets
● Extract user behavior by mining large amounts of mobile sensor data
● Work with a team of motivated and talented engineers to deliver the best mobile context platform on the market

Desired Skills & Experience
● Excellent programming skills in Java, Python, and/or Scala including deep exposure to data processing, storage, and manipulation tools and techniques
● Hands on experience with MySQL, MongoDB or other databases
● Passionate about mobile apps and location-based services
● M.Sc. or B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering (Ph.D. is a plus)
● Rich experience with geo-location systems, maps and POIs highly desirable
● Experience in the area of machine learning or data mining is highly desirable
● Hands on experience with Hadoop, R and/or PIG is highly desirable
● 3+ years of software development experience building commercial grade systems
● At least 2 years at a startup or a fast growing company employing agile development processes
● Proven track record of developing robust systems that solve real life problems in a scalable, production setting
● Experience with designing and deploying large scale distributed data processing systems
● Strong analytical and communication skills
● Entrepreneurial, be able to think out of the box and thrive in a startup atmosphere
● Good team player.

Join Us! Send resume to me: Alvin@alohar.com