San Francisco, CA
Senior Python Developer
Reciprocity is hiring a multi-talented, team leader to be our next Senior Python Developer. This person will help port our current GRC application from Rails to Flask on App Engine. This is a contract position with possibility of hiring or an immediate hire.
Can you help lead our dev team in creating our flagship application, using Python with MV* architecture? Do you want to work in a small but inspiring San Francisco startup doing innovative and fun work with a passionate team? And do you share our goal of pushing forward the envelope of how our society works, from governments to companies to teams, by creating new software? If so, then your choice is simple: Reciprocity!
* Lead the team in using Flask on App Engine
* Develop/extend a RESTful API for our MV* application; and develop our plugin architecture to support other developers
* Manage the project's Git repository, CI (Jenkins) servers, multiple deployments, write unit/integration tests
* Interact with customers (working with Product Management) to gather requirements/feedback, produce design documents, help define Pivotal Tracker stories.
Our Ideal Candidate has:
* 5+ years full-stack experience, with a focus on backend web development
* 2+ years experience with multiple Python Frameworks
* 1+ years experience with App Engine
* 3+ years working in a team environment
* Strong interest in MV* architectures
* Experience with requirements gathering and feature definition
* Experience with product management, development and design
* Confidence in your preferred architectures and tools
* The ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced Agile development methodology
* Outstanding code examples and probably has Github followers
* BS in Computer Science or related field with commensurate experience; MS preferred
* You aren't just looking for a job - you want to make a good impact in the world
* You are a team player with excellent communication skills
* You have the ability to balance shifting priorities with long-term vision, while keeping the customer happy now
But with so many startups hunting for the finest, most innovative talent, why should you choose Reciprocity? We are a close-knit group, working hard with the common goal to change the world for the better. And we are growing fast. Our client list already includes Google, Smithsonian, Opower and Agilent Technologies. At Reciprocity, you will be architecting technical solutions that tie society together, from the corporate executives, all the way down to an engineer sitting at their desk. But we also like to let loose, hang out and have "Beer Friday" on our rooftop, with 360-degree views of the Mission district of San Francisco. So if you love coding and want to change the world for the better through technology, Reciprocity should be your #1 choice.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “I love flask” and include. . .
1) A link to your Github profile (very important - we look at code first, then resumes),
2) A link to your LinkedIn profile,
3) A thoughtful, brief cover letter with specific reference to leadership, team skills and Python development experience,
4) And where you found the job posting.
The Fine Print:
* Questions? Please, email email@example.com.
* Contract-to-hire ok.
* Must be local or willing to relocate.
* No recruiters please!!!
Edited by Christina Lynch on May 7, 2013 11:22 AM