San Francisco Python Meetup Group Message Board San Francisco Python Meetup Group Discussion Forum › A call for community input on the future direction of this meetup

A call for community input on the future direction of this meetup

A former member
Post #: 2
The following message is of lasting relevance to existing members as well as new ones. With the help and input of our members, A lot of things have shaped up since it was sent out last month, but I'm posting it here as an open invitation to everyone who would be willing to offer feedback or support. Please feel free to drop me a line with any thoughts you may have about the direction of our community, in regards to the questions herein or otherwise.

Thanks,
Marcus

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 1:27 AM
Subject: [python-189] Your Python Meetup Group (RESPONSE REQUESTED)
To: python-189-announce@meetup.com

Hello Python Enthusiasts,

I've stepped up to continue organizing of the SF Python meetup group, and first things first I would love some insight into what you, the community, would like to see happen with it. Any feedback you can provide about the following few questions will really help me get moving in the direction that best suits everyone's interests.

1) How many of you were planning around this month's meetup scheduled for Tuesday? The system automatically deleted it when the organization changed hands, and unless there's a revolt, I'm going to leave it off the schedule in favor of properly organizing the next one. I will send out an email as soon as I have details sorted out for it.

2) What are you primarily using Python for? This will help me focus the meetings on topics that interest everyone the most. Are there any emerging Python technologies or projects that you would particularly like to hear a presentation about? Do we have many Python newcomers who are interested in workshops on language fundamentals? As for the gurus among us, what would you be interested in seeing at the meetings?

3) Is anyone affiliated or acquainted with a company that would be interested in hosting or sponsoring an event? If so, please drop me a line with their name or put them in contact with me. If your company codes in Python, it'd be a great fit. Same goes for topic speakers, should anyone be or know someone who would be interested in presenting.

I'm looking forward to seeing what I can facilitate for this group, and I'm especially eager to hear what each of you would like to get from it. If any of you had an interest in organizing as well, let me know and we can get right to work on making this meetup as much fun as possible.

Regards,
Marcus