San Francisco Python Meetup Group Message Board › San Francisco Python Meetup Group Discussion Forum › - Python Semantic Web Application Framework
San Francisco, CA
I am pleased to announce the release of one project I have been working with recently and will be working with in the future.
I would be pleased to answer any questions and/or guide you through your experiments with CubicWeb.
What is CubicWeb?
With CubicWeb, the Semantic Web is a construction game!
CubicWeb_ is a semantic web application framework, licensed under the LGPL, that
empowers developers to efficiently build web applications by reusing components
(called cubes) and following the well known object-oriented design principles.
Its main features are:
* an engine driven by the explicit data model of the application,
* a query language named RQL similar to W3C's SPARQL,
* a selection+view mechanism for semi-automatic XHTML/XML/JSON/text generation,
* a library of reusable components (data model and views) that fulfill common needs,
* the power and flexibility of the Python programming language,
* the reliability of SQL databases, LDAP directories, Subversion and Mercurial for storage backends.
Being built since 2000 by an R&D project still going on today, supporting
100,000s of daily visits at some production sites, CubicWeb is a proven end to
end solution for semantic web application development that promotes quality,
reusability and efficiency.
The unbeliever will read the quick overview_ of CubicWeb.
The hacker will join development at the forge_.
The impatient will move right away to installation_ and set-up of a CubicWeb
.. _cubicweb: http://www.cubicweb.o...
.. _overview: http://www.cubicweb.o...
.. _forge: http://www.cubicweb.o...
.. _installation: http://www.cubicweb.o...
logilab.fr - logilab.org
Cubicweb mailing list