In order to teach at a workshop, you must have taught before or attended a teacher training. Even of you are not sure you are ready to teach, please come. This is a highly recommended training for anyone who is involved in RailsBridge. You will be expected to know Ruby and Rails; however, you need not be an expert -- if you know the basics of the Ruby language and the Rails framework, teaching can help solidify your own understanding. When we teach, we learn.
We'll be doing an overview of the Ruby and Rails curriculum in particular and discussing ways to be an effective teacher/TA.
Who is this training for?
- Those who have been teaching or TAing at workshops but have not had a training.
- Those who have wondered if they could possibly teach at the RailsBridge workshops but are not sure they have what it takes.
- Those who are not necessarily experts at RoR, but can adeptly work with people and want to teach RailsBridge Workshops.
- Those who ARE RoR experts and want to learn how to effectively teach others in RailsBridge workshops.
- Those who are interested in teaching at RailsBridge but are not feeling confident they can get up in front of a class.
- If you just want to learn how being a RailsBridge teacher would benefit you.
Really, it's for anyone who has been teaching at the Workshops and has not done this training, or is the least bit interested in teaching - especially women and people of color!