This is a highly recommended training for anyone who is involved in RailsBridge and wants to spread the RailsBridge love.
We'll be going over the new intermediate Rails curriculum in particular and discussing ways to be an effective teacher/TA when the curriculum doesn't tell people what to type in.
(We'd love to have you help teach that curriculum — sign up to volunteer 11/16 and/or 11/17 here: http://www.sfruby.info/events/90076102/.)
Who is this training for?
- Those who have been teaching or TAing at workshops but have not had a training.
- Those who have wondered if they could possibly teach at the RailsBridge workshops but are not sure they have what it takes.
- Those who are not necessarily experts at RoR, but can adeptly work with people and want to teach RailsBridge Workshops.
- Those who ARE RoR experts and want to learn how to effectively teach others in RailsBridge workshops.
- Those who are interested in teaching at RailsBridge but are not feeling confident they can get up in front of a class.
- If you just want to learn how being a RailsBridge teacher would benefit you.
Really, it's for anyone who has been teaching at the Workshops and has not done this training, or is the least bit interested in teaching - especially women!