Symfony User Group Munich Message Board › User Group Community Project

User Group Community Project

Jan H.
user 40663702
München, DE
Post #: 4
Bring in the ideas :) .. will explain later ..

- oAuth2
- Translations
- Badges
- Cloud Integration
- Automated entity testing
Chris J.
user 41075132
Königsbrunn, DE
Post #: 5
For the oAuth2 idea, I wanted to add a couple of comments.

When connecting diverse systems together (e.g. a customer's eCommerce site with his CMS system, or using Facebook Connect for user login) , a common issue is how to manage authentication & authorization for data exchange & user access between these systems. Now that OAuth2.0 is finally an official IETF standard (rfc6749, October 2012), there will be a lot of new sites that use OAuth2 or some close variant, such as OAuth-for-OpenID. Plus, many of the social websites that implemented OAuth1 or some early draft version of OAuth2, will be upgrading their implementation. All this means there is likely to be many new projects that want to use OAuth2 and Symfony.

There are a couple of Symfony bundles that implement the server side and the client side of OAuth2, but these are missing many of the features added to the specification in last year or so, which means in their current form, they are only useable in a limited set of use-cases.

What I had in mind was to update the core of these bundles to the final OAuth2 spec, and to add features to support the other common use-cases.

Anyone else interested ?
Claudio B.
user 14306337
München, DE
Post #: 1
Hey guys is this still alive? :)
How about organizing a code sprint at some point in jan/feb?
Happy new year btw! ;)
Fabian S.
fabstei
München, DE
Post #: 1
Happy new year! Count me in for the code sprint.

A bit a larger project I have been thinking about lately: some sort of web interface for composer, where users can easily put together (drag & drop bundles from packagist, easy way to add some custom override etc.) / lint and share their composer.jsons.

Looking at all the people coming to ask for help on irc and the mailing list because the cli output is a bit cryptic for them makes me think this would be a valuable contribution for the Symfony2 ecosystem.
Claudio B.
user 14306337
München, DE
Post #: 2
hey yeah seems nice! :)
Perhaps even just a simple html+js file will do, without overcomplicating things too much :)
Fabian S.
fabstei
München, DE
Post #: 2
I already started to put some thoughts together, but unfortunately I am absolutely no good with javascript. Also, I'm unsure about the minmal feature set.

The tool would need to know about all package dependencies, though - I'm not sure how this could be easily done.