San Fernando Valley Developers Message Board › 4 FT Python Resources by end of year in Hollywood
El Segundo, CA
I am working directly for a client that is looking for 4 python developers. Ideally, they would like 2 Junior or Mid level Resources and 2 Senior level resources. The compensation is competitive and they are a great company. I will post the job description below but keep in mind it is targeted at the Senior level resource.
To apply, please email me your updated resume and contact information to Kristen.Dean@prosum.com.
Senior Python Developer
· Develops quality software following best practices and standards. Provides feedback through development regarding overall platform engineering and proactively communicates problems.
· Assists in the definition of technology standards and best practices. Advising and mentoring junior engineers. Participates in the architecture phase. Takes ownership over backend components (e.g: geolocation) serving as Subject Matter Expert.
Sr. Python Developer Requirements
· 5+ years professional technology experience with a focus on software engineering
· Solid experience with Python
· Solid understanding and experience with:
o RESTful APIs (strong knowledge on HTTP connections and handshaking, resources distribution, protocol specifications)
o Django or similar frameworks
o Both NoSQL and SQL databases
o Text Search (solr, whoosh, lucene).
· Solid understanding of Geolocation technologies (hilbert curves, bounding geoboxes) a plus.
· Must have technical knowledge of Cloud architectures including SaaS, PaaS and IaaS (Amazon AWS, Rackspace and Google Apps Engine architecture)
· Solid understanding of memory management.
· Exposure to Mobile Application (native or web) development environment is a plus.
· Great experience developing web based systems in a Linux Environment
· Experience with Ruby, C++, Perl or PHP is a plus
· Experience creating distributed scale-out software architecture.
· Proficient with the technologies behind highly-scalable web services (i.e. caching, queues, etc.)
· Awareness of good OO design principles and how to apply them
· An appetite to seek and implement best practices
· MVC experience or at least a strong grasp of frameworks
· Positive attitude with an excellent work ethic and strong attention to detail
· History of working effectively in a team environment
· Passion for Agile development
· Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues
· Awareness of web site security issues including XSS, CSRF, SQL injection, and input validation
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field/experience