No Partner?? No Team?? No problem.
NEW SF Volleyball Leagues:
Other Upcoming VBmatch Volleyball Leagues, Tournaments and Activities :
6.?Sat 10/30 - Annual Halloween Costume Grass Coed 4s Volleyball & Picnic? - Details coming soon
7. Fall 2010 INDOOR Season Opener - Details coming soon
8. Sunday Evening : ARPD's OPEN?GYM Volleyball at ALAMEDA Point Gym.??3 Courts from 6pm - 9pm?($6-per-player)?
- ARPD hosts Open Gym Volleyball every Sunday evening (except for on federal holidays).?
- This is a popular well-organized and well-attended open gym with a high level of play.?
- In October, there will be open gym volleyball on Sundays 10/3, 10/10, 10/17, 10/24 and 10/31.?
- ARPD has decided to set up 3 courts for Open Gym Volleyball in the month of October on an Experimental Basis to accomodate the increasing popularity of Sunday Open Gym.? As long as attendance continues to be high (e.g. ~50 players), ARPD will make 3 courts available for Sunday Open Gym Volleyball.?
Map & Directions to Alameda Point Gym
The gym address is 1101 West Redline Ave. Alameda, CA
A lot of people get lost trying to find the gym when using GPS or Google or Yahoo directions. Please please please print out a map and ONLY TRUST THE DIRECTIONS below.
Directions to Alameda Point Gym
There are five ways to get to the island of Alameda. Four are via bridges. One is via the Webster Street Tunnel.
Use the Tunnel because it gets you much closer to the gym. The bridges get you onto a different part of Alameda island.
1. Go through the Webster Street Tunnel.
2. Stay in the middle lane (which will keep you on Webster street).
3. At the 2nd Traffic Signal?after the tunnel, make a right turn (onto Atlantic Ave. also known as Ralph Appezzato Memorial Parkway)
4. Make a right on MAIN Street. (There's a "Donut" shop on the left side of this intersection of Atlantic / Main)
5. Follow MAIN until the street curves to the left and then curves again?to the left leading?you through a "Gate" onto the Naval base.? (If you miss the 2nd curve, the street will dead-end)
6. Immediately after entering the gate, turn RIGHT at the first street, which is Red Line Ave.
7. You will see the gym on the right side on Redline Ave.
8. You may PARK for FREE in the parking lot across the street from the gym.?
Again, a lot of people get lost trying to find the gym when using GPS or Google or Yahoo directions. Please please please print out a map and ONLY TRUST THESE DIRECTIONS (given above).