addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

San Francisco Yorkshire Terrier & Dog Friends Meetup Group Message Board › Shopping with puppy? DON"T go to OSH

Shopping with puppy? DON"T go to OSH

A former member
Post #: 74
I took Charlotte with me today to OSH (Orchard Supply Hardware) it was too hot to leave her in the car so I carried her in arms. I was going to the garden department (dirt and stuff) when a clerk (I'll call him Mr. Clipboard) told me that "only service dogs are allowed" in their store (there are no signs). I said OK and continued shopping.
When I got home, I called their headquarters office in San Jose 408-281-3500, spoke with "Barbara" who indicated that they actually do have this policy in effect.

That is certainly their right...and I have the right to choose to shop elsewhere.

I can take Charlotte to Macy's or Bloomingdales, the Apple Store or any of a number of other "upscale" shops but not the hardware store?

Just keep this in mind when planning your shopping, don't want to leave our babies in the car during these hot summer days.

*Jessy And O.
LoVeMahKiDs25o6
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 33
I took Charlotte with me today to OSH (Orchard Supply Hardware) it was too hot to leave her in the car so I carried her in arms. I was going to the garden department (dirt and stuff) when a clerk (I'll call him Mr. Clipboard) told me that "only service dogs are allowed" in their store (there are no signs). I said OK and continued shopping.
When I got home, I called their headquarters office in San Jose 408-281-3500, spoke with "Barbara" who indicated that they actually do have this policy in effect.

That is certainly their right...and I have the right to choose to shop elsewhere.

I can take Charlotte to Macy's or Bloomingdales, the Apple Store or any of a number of other "upscale" shops but not the hardware store?

Just keep this in mind when planning your shopping, don't want to leave our babies in the car during these hot summer days.

Thanks for sharing this with all of us! i agree nowadays stores like that one be getting all dumb about it when even safeway that is a grocery store they let you in with a furbaby!