Announcing a new Meetup for The Singapore Linux Meetup Group!
What: SLMG June Meetup: Free and Open Source Alliance (FOSA) - Annual General Meeting
When: June 17,[masked]:00 PM
Where: Click the link below to find out!
Meetup Description: As you may have known SLMG in partnership with many other open source groups and enthusiasts have been working towards the formation of the Free and Open Source Alliance (FOSA) in Singapore. We registered our alliance on April 1, 2009 and soon after got approval from the Registry of Societies. Our goals for this Alliance are:
1. To promote the use of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) in Singapore through advocacy and education;
2. To create an alliance of Free and Open Source Software groups in Singapore that will serve as a unifying resource for the entire Free and Open Source Software community of Singapore;
3. To act as a conduit between the Free and Open Source Software community and academia, business, government and the public of Singapore;
4. To be a vendor-neutral organization;
5. To groom and support the future Free and Open Source Software leaders of Singapore.
As part of our requirements with the Registry of Societies, we are required to hold our Annual General Meeting (AGM) within 3 months of the formation of a Society. As such, SLMG will be using the June Meetup to hold our AGM. During this meeting we will need to conduct our first general election and then followup with some administrative items. As this is a critical step we will require your support to make this a successful event.
If you are interested in running for a position within the organization please contact me via the meetup engine (Tom Goh Organizer of SLMG) and I will add you to the ballot. The positions that are being elected into are the following:
- President (Currently Held by Darrel Chua)
- Secretary (Currently Held by Thomas Goh)
- Assistant Secretary
- Assistant Treasurer
- Five (5) other Full Members in the posts of Ordinary Members of the Executive Committee.
Following the election of the posts, we will discuss a number of items that we need to get sorted out.
1. Establishment of a Bank Account.
2. Establisnment of Membership Dues.
3. Registration of new members.
4. Official Support of Software Freedom Day.
4. Any other business that requires attention.
To find out more about how FOSA will be managed, please see our constitution:http://open-source-alliance.sg/node/25
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/sg-linux/calendar/10563726/