The Singapore Linux Meetup Group Message Board › SLMG Website

SLMG Website

Anand V.
anandvaidya
Maisuru, IN
Post #: 10
Send an Email You are unable to greet this member
Hi All,

I have installed a website ( Debian GNU/Linux + Drupal CMS http://www.drupal.org...­ ) on a spare machine. It is available at http://sg.asianlinux....­

You can create an account and add content. Or just clean up the existing ones.

Interesting contributions could be:
- Using Linux in SG: Info on Dialup, BB, Cable
- Local NTP, Radio URLs , How to listen
- F/OSS focussed biz
- Linux activity in Gov, Pte sectors
- Collection of tips, howto, articles etc.
- Download sites

Future:
- Own mailing list, jabber and tor server, shell server etc..
- Whatever I did not foresee ;-)

I am open to sharing the admin password for the CMS with one or two more members that I have already met and who would like to volunteer.

The server is sitting in my office on a 512K DSL line. So please be considerate wrt bandwidth usage. I am not very worried about CPU usage though (Dual 2.8GHz Xeon, 1GB RAM)

If the site picks up well, we can put it up on a well endowed site (Maybe ask LUGS to host us?). I believe we should start small and play for the long haul. Hope that makes sense.
A former member
Post #: 12
The site looks great, thanks a lot Anand. :)

- However, after having registered for about three or four days... Still no email. :/ Maybe the service hasn't been set up yet or something?

Thanks in advance. :)
Anand V.
anandvaidya
Maisuru, IN
Post #: 12
The mail config was set to accept/send message only to/from localhost, hence outgoing mails were being dropped, have fixed the config, should work now. (dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config did the trick)

Thanks for pointing out!
A former member
Post #: 13
Thanks so much for fixing it Anand! I'll request a new password again. :)
A former member
Post #: 17
Excellent looking site. I have two questions:

a. Is there some way to get newsfeeds out of it?
b. How do I add a page link under the Advocacy page? I would like to add a section on 'Free Software' and 'Open Source Software' if possible.
Anand V.
anandvaidya
Maisuru, IN
Post #: 15
Excellent looking site. I have two questions:

a. Is there some way to get newsfeeds out of it?

I think I need to look into the configuration. Anyway we don't have enough content to generate our own newsfeeds (yet)> If you a re referring RSS aggregation from other sites, that needs to be configured too. I will do that in a few days.

b. How do I add a page link under the Advocacy page? I would like to add a section on 'Free Software' and 'Open Source Software' if possible.

- Register as a member. Or use an account with any other drupal powered site
- Login
- Click create content -> book page -> change parent from "top level" to the book you want your page to appear under, and fill in all the data, -> submit