The Singapore Linux Meetup Group Message Board › Notes from the SLMG May Meeting

Notes from the SLMG May Meeting

Darrel C.
darrelchua
Singapore, SG
Hi,

The May meeting was held at iDA at Suntec Tower 3 on Tue 3 May.

We are pleased to inform all members that the Singapore Linux Meetup Group will stay FREE and always be FREE to members. We have secured the sponsorship to sustain the group through 2006 at least - so we don't have to worry about financing.

The poll result represents majority votes to keep the group together in meetup.com and move forward. Our members have voiced opinions on meetup and we will keep tab on meetup.com's progress and policy and we can always review our stand at later meetings.

Also at last nite's meeting, members were invited to be new organizer. I am pleased to announce that will be succeeding as the new organizer and I will be assisting him with fullest support. I am confident he will bring fresh ideas to the meetup group.

What other things happened:
- Tan Kee Wee gave an insightful tutorial on setting up personal email server on FC3 (great presentation!)
- Nex-G has a free one-day training/workshop for newbies to Linux (more details to come)
- Adventist Rehab Centre project : we are awaiting the centre to wire up the power outlets before installing linux on those machines
- LAN Gaming Party Fund Raising Project : we are calling for volunteers to help get this going. Event is in Aug 05.

Also, Glenn West, CTO of Nex-G will be presenting on embedding Linux for next month's meeting - definitely not to be missed!

Hope to see you at the next meeting.

cheers,
Darrel
Roy O.
royong
Singapore, SG
Post #: 13
it was certainly interesting to meeting everyone. kudos for hosting a great meetup. looking forward to attending the next one.
Tan Kee W.
keewee
Singapore, SG
Post #: 1
Hi everyone,

The slides for the recent presentation are available for downlaod as follow:

PDF format (134 KB)
PowerPoint format (864 KB)

Please click "Cancel" when you are prompted to update the links in the PowerPoint file.

Tan Kee Wee