The Bath and Bristol RPG Meetup Group Message Board › WANTED: Players

WANTED: Players

Ian S.
user 12466959
Bristol, GB
Post #: 17
Hi Ed

Yes, I am still up for playing a bit of ol' Hunter.

Cheers
Ian
Laura
user 54660072
Bristol, GB
Post #: 1
Hi people!

A bit confused on what's happening. I saw Stag & Hounds mentioned and what is Horts? I'm up for Tuesday (so 3rd of September, right?). How will it work for Hunter? I don't know the character creation for this game... do we create there? Will we use predefined characters? :)
Matt K.
user 23355561
Bristol, GB
Post #: 18
Hi Laura. It looks like the Stag and Hounds has live music quite often, so we are looking for another pub to play in. The Horts is a pub that has an upstairs space which is gamer-friendly and is in the city centre, not far from Corn Street (link). The plan is to meet at the Horts this coming Tuesday (3rd). Unfortunately, it looks like they will be closing in September for a refurbishment, so we are only going to use this pub temporarily, until we find a new place.

As for Hunter, many of us (myself included) are not familiar with the system, so we will probably spend most of the session on Tuesday creating our own characters. I don't remember talking about using pregens (predefined character sheets) and it is usual practice in longer campaigns to create your own.

It would probably be quite helpful to come on Tuesday with a character concept in mind, or even written down in a paragraph or so. This will make the character creation a lot easier. Remember we will be playing normal people, probably based somewhere in the USA, with no previous experience with the supernatural / monsters, so you probably just need to think of your basics: name, age, education, job, troubles in your past, etc. The rest will get developed on Tuesday.

If there are too many people on Tuesday, we may split the group into two. Not sure what will happen then: maybe 2 hunter games, or maybe 2 completely different ones. We'll find out on Tuesday!

Hope this clears thing up! Ed, feel free to correct me if I got anything wrong.
Laura
user 54660072
Bristol, GB
Post #: 2
Awesome! That's pretty much everything I wanted to know. I'm in and I might bring another player if he's up for it. :)
Ed
user 4869204
Group Organizer
Brislington, GB
Post #: 99
Cheers Matt,

Basically everthing you just said was exactly as I would have put down. Will see everyone tonight at the Horts pub. Many thanks Matt for booking the room for us...I feel like a bit of a slacker as I haven't really done much lol. Meeting at the Horts for 6.30pm with aim to start character gen around 6.45. Should give us time to get the characters done and perhaps get a feel of the system / setting. Looking forward to it guys. I should be there about 6.15 so will see you all there.
Ed
Ed
user 4869204
Group Organizer
Brislington, GB
Post #: 100
Hi folks,
Just to let you know if I didn't last week I will be on holiday next week in Budapest so will not be around to run the game. Did you want to change it to the following week or did you still want to meet up and someone else can run a something next week?
Cheers
Ed
Ian S.
user 12466959
Bristol, GB
Post #: 18
Hi Hunters

I suggest that we give the week a miss, especially as we do not actually have a location to play at the moment!I suggest back to normal on the 8th (hopefully playing somewhere other than a park bench on the Downs!)

Cheers
Ian
Ed
user 4869204
Group Organizer
Brislington, GB
Post #: 101
I have been looking around at venues and managed to eliminate a lot of potential places as they actually want money!!! I still have a few places to get back to me so I am still holding out hope that we can get somewhere central so its easy for all of us to get to. Will let you know what I find out.

Cheers
Ed
Matt K.
user 23355561
Bristol, GB
Post #: 19
Agree with Ian, let's give next week a miss and catch up somewhere new on the 8th.
Richard
user 73933922
Bristol, GB
Post #: 1
Yep, the 8th sounds like a good plan to me.