SHSNY is partnering with CFI-NYC in an exciting new project - let's go to work for reason and secularism in New York ...
Be A Science & Secularism Activist!
Here is your chance to affect change in your community and government and proudly call yourself a secular activist! In this advocacy workshop, led by Center for Inquiry’s Michael De Dora, you will be given the tools, resources, and power to affect the fate of reason and secularism in your community. Participants will learn:
- The importance of getting involved in local advocacy.
- Best practices for involvement in local public policy..
- How to schedule and prepare for meetings with local representatives.
- How to represent your cause and conduct a meeting with your representatives.
- How to follow up with your representatives after a meeting.
Participants will then have a chance to apply what they learned to a proclamation for an official Freethought Day. We will be cheering you on as you contact your council member and set up a day to meet with them to discuss the proclamation and advance science and secularism in your community!
When: March 17th, 4:30-6:30pm
Where: 42 Broadway (20th Floor, Training Room), between Wall Street and Bowling Green
This workshop is sponsored by Center for Inquiry - New York City and Secular Humanist Society of New York
*REGISTRATION CLOSES AT END OF DAY MARCH 15TH.*
To register, send an email to [masked] with the following info:
If you can't attend, but would like to learn more about being an advocate for science and secularism in your community, email Michael De Dora at [masked]