Good evening, fellow writers--
This is just a brief and exciting announcement to let you know that Shut Up and Write! now has accounts and pages on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+! Why, you may ask, would we have Shut Up and Write! on the social networks?
- We realize that not everyone can plan to go to a Meetup across town at the time the Meetup occurs every week, so we thought, "Why not a Flashmob-style Meetup?" If you're going to be at your favorite cafe for the next hour and want to write with others, you can reach out and say so!
- You want to share what you're working on in a supportive setting, but were too shy to say so in last night's Meetup? Tell us about it on-line...
- You want to read inspiring quotes from famous/successful/established writers...
- You want to write but have no clue what to write about, and are looking for writing prompts...
- You want to know where the sessions are that day in the SF Bay Area or in NYC.
Your next question may be, "Well, how do I tell people where I'm going to be?" It's easy!
- For Twitter users, go to @SUandW to review the Twitter stream for updates on what others have posted, or send your Flashmob-style Meetup location to @SUandW (if you use a site like FourSquare or Gowalla just type @SUandW in the check-in) along with how to find you and when you'll be there, and we'll get it posted for you (and be sure to follow us while you're there!);
- For Facebook users, go to our Facebook Page and post your Flashmob-style Meetup location, along with how to find you and when you'll be there, directly on the Wall (and don't forget to like us while you're there!);
- For Google+ users, go to our Google+ Page and post your Flashmob-style Meetup location, along with how to find you and when you'll be there, directly on the page (and don't forget to add us to your circles while you're there!).
As always, there do have to be just a few rules to make sure the experience is enjoyable for everyone:
- You are welcome to post impromptu Meetups, what you're working on, tips that help you with your writing, a great article that you just found online about writing, etc;
- No spam. If something that is posted is found to be spam, the post will be removed/not posted and your account may be blocked from the pages/accounts;
- This should go without saying, but be courteous. Don't ambush others in the comments or @mentions. We are here to support each other. If you disagree, be respectful and supportive about it;
- All postings/comments are subject to editing by the moderator for content.
If you have any questions, please let me know, and stay tuned for more news as we reach out to each other with these tools. I know I personally can't wait to tweet/comment/hangout with everyone! :)
Organizers: If you want me to post reminders of your Meetups automatically to the networks, please let me know via return email.
Sarah J. Schlosser
San Francisco, CA