align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

HUGS -Central Florida Shyness & Social Anxiety Support Group Message Board › Suggestions to liven things up?

Suggestions to liven things up?

A former member
Post #: 2
I would have no problem going to check it out, and gather information I sold my baby (Cannon Rebel Eos pro) so I would not be able to get photos. I am waiting on my 360 panoramic camera, but I can get information with flyers etc. I just do not have anyone to go with or means to get there =( I don't drive had to give it up for a bit it was causing extreme panic, and just not the aggravation with paid car insurance not used.
A former member
Post #: 12
@ Daniel - Where do you wanna go swimmin?! ;-D

This place sounds pretty cool. Good suggestion Alan! I'm a spazzy driver too, which keeps me home way too much. Can you take the buses?

Another neat place is www.aiguille.com, its an indoor rock climbing facility.
A former member
Post #: 4
I just figured it might be decent due to having pool table, darts, arcade, trampolines, air-hockey, etc and food. Large enough for groups with a mixture of different things to do. One day I'd like to get down to I-drive and do the in-door skydiving. I have done the SkyCoaster at Old Town that was pretty fun =) Yeah it got to when I got behind the wheel, and esp traffic stop go and more the small panic attacks built up higher not worth the health. Now it just sucks due to not being on a bus route, and the friends I do have are in Clearwater.
A former member
Post #: 6
Hey guys @ Beth, Daniel & Heinrich

Daniel I wouldn't mind swimming with you, but to be honest I haven't since I learned at 15 and I don't think I remember how.

Beth; I have wanted to try out the rock climbing thing for the longest time. I would jump on that in a flash

Heinrich; i'm not the best driver, and even worse with people riding with me. I do get anxiety when driving with other people, but I think its because I have my own way of driving and whenever someone was with me, they had comments about it. But i love pool, air hockey, darts and all that. It'd be fun. It'll give me something to look forward to. I'm definitely wanting to do the indoor sky diving too, but i get shy in public places. I'd probably back out at the last minute, especially if there were a lot of people around. :0)
A former member
hey guys i think the rock climbing idea is awesome too. i've always to do it even UCF has one but my anxiety would be way too high to try something like that in front of people at school. but i'd be down to try it with you guys and i like to play pool too :)

i like to think i am a good driver. luckily i don't have anxiety driving, although sometimes i can get nervous when others are in the car.

swimming is fun too
A former member
Hey guys @ Beth, Daniel & Heinrich

Daniel I wouldn't mind swimming with you, but to be honest I haven't since I learned at 15 and I don't think I remember how.

Beth; I have wanted to try out the rock climbing thing for the longest time. I would jump on that in a flash

Heinrich; i'm not the best driver, and even worse with people riding with me. I do get anxiety when driving with other people, but I think its because I have my own way of driving and whenever someone was with me, they had comments about it. But i love pool, air hockey, darts and all that. It'd be fun. It'll give me something to look forward to. I'm definitely wanting to do the indoor sky diving too, but i get shy in public places. I'd probably back out at the last minute, especially if there were a lot of people around. :0)

If there are enough people I believe they lock it in as a group, do video and include how to so it would be about an 2 hours just group. That's at least what most places like that do. I let my travel agent license expire this past Nov 10 yrs was enough of online agent work lol...but the perks were amazing! That is if I went =)
A former member
Post #: 7
That would be a good breaking the ice exercise for us. I remember once when I was a new hire at a company, they made us do all these strange activities where we had to rely on one another for something. For example, blind-fold and then people had to line up from shortest to tallest or something like that. It helped us to relax and break the ice. It would make future group get togethers a lot easier for us.
A former member
that would be a great ice breaker and it would help with all of our anxieties and help us build trust with each other cool
A former member
Middle is easier so I changed it so it's not as much typing. Rock climbing=work lol Is the Rock Climbing place near the UCF area?
A former member
Post #: 8
the one i know about is at the school recreation center. i am not sure about it.