HUGS -Central Florida Shyness & Social Anxiety Support Group Message Board › Tampa Bay anxiety disorders Meetup group

Tampa Bay anxiety disorders Meetup group

A former member
Post #: 2
Hey everyone:

I suffer from pretty severe social anxiety and live in Tampa. Because Orlando is a little far for me I'm interested in starting a Tampa Bay area anxiety disorders meetup group. I would like to have a variety of activities to accommodate a variety of interests. Examples might be: the beach, museums, bike riding (including trailing riding), hanging out in Ybor, movies, hikes, and whatever else people might be interested in. (I'm not adverse to having a couple beers!)

Additionally, I would like us to help each other with some cognitive behavioral therapy including exposure therapy where we would be slowly introducing ourselves to situations that make us uncomfortable - with lots of support from the rest of the group.

Plus, my Cognitive Behavioral Therapist is willing to have one, and I think more, workshops to help people out.

There's lots more we can do too. We just need people's input.

Please let me know if Tampa is more convenient for some of you (It's tough for me to drive to Orlando to see a movie), and get back to me if your interested - and with some ideas too.

Thanks so much:

Dan
A former member
Post #: 21
I believe there is a group similar to this one in Tampa? That is a long way from Orlando.

I think work shops would be a great idea. :-)
A former member
Post #: 3
There used to be a meetup in Tampa, but it seems no longer.

I think people would be interested if it were dynamic, helpful, and fun.
A former member
Post #: 22
Thats weird, I heard from the leader of the Tampa group not too long ago. What a shame. :-(