Jer
user 10239057
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
Welcome, folks!
Introduce yourselves here. Please let us know what you do and where you're coming from.
Links to your own work are encouraged!
A former member
Post #: 2
Hey there! I'm pretty bad at introducing myself but let me give this a shot.

I'm an independent comic creator, and I work with my partner Samantha Mathis on Grey Ink Studios, through which we publish our comics. Our primary work is Walking on Broken Glass (www.brokenglasscomic.com), but we also do other comics, like for Womanthology, and stuff. I've been itching to meet more people around here, so this is pretty fun.

Uh.

You can find my other stuff on my website (www.criticalhitdesign.com) or at my deviantart (http://caytlin-vilbra...­, but mooostly I post stuff over Twitter and on the various offshoots of WoBG.

Since I'm in Renton, I doubt I can make Tuesday meetups. Perhaps on a weekend sometime!

Also, 24 Hour Comic Day is coming up on the 1st, and a bunch of us from the Seattle Comics Creators group (http://www.facebook.c...­) are going to Lakewood to do it. Anyone up?
A former member
Post #: 3
Hello everyone! I'm Kaitlin.

My job is graphic design, but I've been interested in comics for years. I'm pretty webcomic obsessed and I want to make my own. I'm hoping we can create a supportive, active community of artists/writers to help each other make some great comics!
Eric
buzzzzzz
Seattle, WA
Post #: 21
I'm Eric, I'm a web developer, and my plan is to launch my first webcomic by the end of the year.

Creating cartoons has always been a dream of mine, but I never got anywhere with it, partly due to perfectionism. So I finally bit the bullet and started doing life drawing last year. The first 50 hours were mostly spent swearing at myself :-) but now I can actually draw recognizable humans -- not great, just recognizable ;-)

An important step was recognizing that it was important to tell the story even if the artwork doesn't meet my high standards at the outset. So [deep breath] here's a link to my DeviantArt comic gallery. None of this is the finished product, so please be kind first and cruel a close second. :)
A former member
Hello!

My name is Emmy and I've been to 1 meeting so far! I just arrived from San Fransisco so I'm hoping to get to meet a bunch of creative people and perhaps make some friends if I get lucky!

I'm currently taking a break from working in the gaming industry. After a short time at Midway Games (former original Atari *RIP*) I found myself living at Maxis, on The Sims series as a character artist for many years. My baby is the MySims series (mainly for Wii and handheld) in which I directed all things character related, from creating the style, the base 3D models, doing main character concept to training in house and external artists + deal with marketing. The last thing I shipped was Sims3 Pets + some work for the upcoming unannounced EP and stuff packs. Right now I'm interested in exploring things I didn't get much time to do while working full time - working on some indie projects, working on developing a new style and perhaps even starting up a new brand at some point.

Let me know if you're interested in learning photoshop, want to learn how to break into the game industry as an artist or are interested in learning anime style. I'm also a huge geek so I look forward to talking to you about video games, anime, comics and American culture in general. See you soon! ;)

this is something I worked on in my drawing group at EA....we each take turns drawing eachothers' original characters every 2 weeks. http://www.drawingmea...­
Shawn M.
user 47428012
Seattle, WA
Hello!

I am Shawn "the girl"

I, uh... I kinda fell out of "the scene" when I had a kid. Trying to get back into stuff, and do a better job this time.

I've never had artist friends before. Well, I mean the same kind as me- who draw. I've been friends with a lot of writers and photographers in the past... So that would be pretty cool.

I would also like to explore finding a writer to team up with. I function better as an idea tweaker than a writer alone... though I've done some stuff some people have REALLY enjoyed, it's just a lot easier with a partner.

Here are some samples of my work -

Livestream drawing session:
Part 1
Part 2

Quick Album of some marker, pencil, and digital art.
Chad
user 9947849
Seattle, WA
Post #: 2
Hi there! My name is Chad. I have been working on comics with another local Seattle group called Crankleft for 5 years now, but am always interested in meeting new people, joining new groups, and just spreading the comic knowledge & love.

I have yet to make a meeting, but keep informed as to your gatherings in the hopes of meeting and sharing in some capacity at some point in time.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. I'm not very good at these sorts of things, so I don't know what else to add. smile

Here is a link to my profile on the company site:crankleft/chad bever
and my Deviantart site: Deviantart

Look forward to seeing/hearing more of you all soon.
A former member
Hello ladies and gents (and all those in-between)!

I'm terrible at introductions, but here it goes:

I'm Xib (pseudonym, of course) and I live in the northgate(ish) area. I'm a hobby artist who would like to start drawing my first comic sometime before the end of this year. I've been interested in meeting artists in the area, so I'm quite excited to try and make it to the next meetup. Sadly, I don't work in the art industry (I'm in healthcare) but I like to think that maybe someday I can hone my skills enough to try and make a career out of my art.

I look forward to meeting you guys soon!

And here's my deviantart in the meantime!
Justin B.
user 67202162
Silverdale, WA
Hi, my name is Bailey and I just relocated here through the Navy. I am not an artist but I have always been fascinated with comics, and would love to just hang out and learn what I can from all of you guys. I have a lot of ideas for comics but wouldn't even have the slightest clue how to go about making one. Are there any rules for coming to one of the meetups?
Laura
Arithmetica
Seattle, WA
Hi there, no rules! Well aside from the usual stuff like don't be a jerk, flip tables and kick in doors. Just show up and have fun!