addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Seattle Indie Comic and Game Artists Message Board › New Tuesday Night Location - General Discussion

New Tuesday Night Location - General Discussion

Jer
user 10239057
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 11
Hey gang,

I expect most of you have heard the news that we need to find a new meeting spot for Tuesday nights. I've already been getting some great feedback from you all via e-mail, so let's make the discussion public.

I had mentioned The Pine Box because it's very close, but I've gotten a few down-votes on that one, because it's explicitly over 21, the food is pricy, the spot is already very popular and we'll likely run into the very same troubles we had at Six Arms. A few folks have suggested returning to Roy Street, but they were (sadly) particularly rude to us about reservations, giving a strong and public preference to a larger cinema group that occasionally met the same night as us.

Some great suggestions include: Raygun Lounge (where our good friends "Double Jump" meet Thursdays!), Cafe Vita on Pike, The Canterbury on 15th. Outside of Capitol Hill, folks have suggested Cafe Mox in Ballard or Wayward Coffeehouse in Roosevelt (which has been SUPER GREAT about reservations! They leave a sign out for us and everything!).

Please discuss any and all thoughts below! Pros, cons, personal opinions! This is your community, so let's figure this out together!

If you get a chance, please take this poll so we can see what neighborhood most folks would prefer.

Thank you, everyone! I'm really looking forward to what we come up with!
Jer
user 10239057
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 12
Lots of pros and cons bouncing around, but the vibe is leaning towards Cafe Mox. Hopefully it's not too far out of the way for folks, but at least Ballard has better parking.

Voice opinions!
Jer
user 10239057
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 13
I've talked to Cafe Mox and the Raygun Lounge.

Cafe Mox charges for their rooms and has a 12 or 22 person maximum. Considering Six Arms counted us at 27 last two weeks (not sure if I got the same numbers myself), I doubt we'll fit in Cafe Mox.

Raygun Lounge already has an official group that meets on Tuesdays. They really didn't sound interested in welcoming another large group. That was the same problem we had with Six Arms.

My current thinking is towards Wayward Coffeehouse. If nothing else, they have lots of space and are happy to see us.

Still weighing all options and listening to suggestions. All feedback is welcome!
JP
ThatJP
Vashon, WA
Post #: 24
The 27 was only when the Strive class showed up. I counted 17 this past week, including non-RSVPed people. And remember, Mox also has seating in its main room at booths and on their new patio, for any overflow. So, Mox should work fine.
JP
ThatJP
Vashon, WA
Post #: 25
Brief update, since Jer and I are still hashing this out:
Jer has talked to Mox twice, and wasn't feeling the love, but had no hard complaints. I haven't talked to them yet, so I'm going to visit Mox this weekend and try to pin them down better. I have also offered to play host for Mox excursions (unless/until I decide they suck) and free Jer up as regular host for another location. He's a big fan of Wayward, no surprise there. My current suggestion is to drop the project-focused part of the Wayward meetups, and see if that improves attendance at that location.

As always, let us know if you have any thoughts.
Jer
user 10239057
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 14
A plan is falling into place!

We have reserved space at Wayward Coffeehouse for Tuesday, Feb 19th.
We have reserved space at Cafe Mox for Tuesday, Feb 26th.

I'm very open to suggestion. Let's make the most of this transitional phase. Please send me all of your recommendations and thoughts as we search for our new home!
Jer
user 10239057
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 15
Just reposting the schedule for the next four weeks.

Tuesday February 19 - Wayward Coffee House in Roosevelt
Tuesday February 26 - Cafe Mox in Ballard
Tuesday March 5 - Big Time Brewery in U District
Tuesday March 12 - Chaco Canyon Cafe in U District
fluffy
fluffybusybee
Seattle, WA
Post #: 17
Unfortunately, all of those locations are too far out of the way for me on a weeknight. Hopefully one of the weekend groups starts up again, since I have a better chance of making it to those.
Jer
user 10239057
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 18
Now that the neighborhood survey's been up for a bit, people are leaning heavily towards staying in Cap Hill.

Well scout the place out, see if anything else will work.
Ryan
user 91836452
Seattle, WA
Post #: 6
Living in Ballard, I'm all for Cafe Mox. It's right down the street from me as well as Bauhaus which is also convenient for me. So yeah, upvote on Cafe Mox!