Seattle Indie Comic and Game Artists Message Board › Sicaga Anthology Comic Book!

Sicaga Anthology Comic Book!

Laura
Arithmetica
Seattle, WA
Post #: 2
Would anyone be interested in having a comic printed in our very own Sicaga anthology book?

The idea is basically a comic book featuring members of Sicaga, the only rules would be that it has to be a comic. So no splash images or single page artwork, it’s a comic book show casing our comics. The plan would also be to not have any set theme, your short story can be about polar bears or giant robot scorpions. It doesn't even have to be a short story, could just be the first three or four pages of your comic as a teaser.

Right now I’m just gauging interest and see what we can do from here. I haven't decided on page minimums or whether it is color or black and white.

It would certainly be awesome to have a comic book with your own comic in it to show friends and family!
Brant
user 59769702
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
Sure I'd be interested.
Jer
user 10239057
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 16
I need to polish up The Indies for print. I could post a few of those in as I finish them.
fluffy
fluffybusybee
Seattle, WA
Post #: 18
I could easily put in a few pages of a Unity story or some of my journal comics or whatever.
AbeOwitz
user 67365112
Woodinville, WA
Post #: 1
Count me in. :)

Would it be easier to go with Lulu or Kablam, and just do print on demand?

How many pages per person we looking at? (Just so I can build a comic within it.)

Jer
user 10239057
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 17
We need to interview local printers.
Eric
buzzzzzz
Seattle, WA
Post #: 26
I'm in :)
fluffy
fluffybusybee
Seattle, WA
Post #: 19
We need to interview local printers.
There used to be CK Printing across from Six Arms, but they got bought out by Alphagraphics and closed down.

There's also Alphagraphics.
Crystal R.
PlotholeTsi
Renton, WA
Post #: 4
I've talked to most of the local places, and their quality or price points are really not there for short runs of books (we're talking less than 500 books)

The better answer is: Do you want to put the book 'on demand' online someplace like Kablam or ComicXpress, where people can order them and SICAGA doesn't have to worry about producing the books, or do you want to make a small production run of 100-500 books, for a better price and better quality, but have to run a donation drive or collection to foot the initial bill and figure out the original numbers?
fluffy
fluffybusybee
Seattle, WA
Post #: 20
There's always my printer of choice back in San Francisco. His per-run setup costs are fairly low and he'll do booklets. I can also attest to his quality, as can anyone who's seen my book.