Seattle Indie Comic and Game Artists Message Board › 24-hour comic day?

24-hour comic day?

Crystal R.
PlotholeTsi
Renton, WA
Post #: 7
Anyone else have plans to tackle the 24-hour comic challenge this year? It's 'officially' on October 5th this year. I will probably be doing this two weeks later, so I can participate with my east-coast partner-in-crime.

Does anyone else attempt this each year?

Would anyone be interested in making this a SICAGA event in the years to come, since we already meet on Saturdays?
A former member
Post #: 10
I don't know what the 24-hour comic challenge is. I've heard people mention it before... Would you be able to provide a link and/or other information?
A former member
Post #: 37
I don't know what the 24-hour comic challenge is. I've heard people mention it before... Would you be able to provide a link and/or other information?
IT's pretty much exactly what it sounds like - you do a full (usually 24-page) comic in 24 hours. Quality is optional.

http://www.24hourcomi...­
Crystal R.
PlotholeTsi
Renton, WA
Post #: 8
I'm always surprised by how many people haven't heard of the challenge. Due to life events, I've never completed it on the official day, but I've completed the challenge twice before on a day that worked with my schedule better :)
A former member
Post #: 38
It looks like Phoenix Comics was planning on having an event but they forgot to actually, you know, tell anyone. Still, if anyone wants to meet up at Phoenix during their regular business hours in order to work on comics some, I was planning on spending some time there for that purpose.