This outing will take us east to discover the Badlands of Alberta, and entails several different activites for the day. Our first stop will be Horseshoe Canyon which descends 60 metres into a coulee featuring many coloured strata of rock and soil. We will explore the area for a while then on to our next stop. The Rosedale Suspension Bridge traverses the Red Deer River and offers more spectacular views of the Badlands. For those of you not happy with heights, there is a park there to explore and some abandoned mining buildings to photograph. We will also have lunch here. Our next stop is the Hoodoos Provincial Recreation Area to see the famous sandstone formations. Finally, on our return trip to Calgary we will stop at one of the many ghost towns in the area to take photos and get a glimpse of a time gone past.
WHAT TO BRING:
* Comfortable clothing and good footwear appropriate for the weather
* Lunch and plenty of water (tends to be a little warmer and drier out there)
* A camera to record the day
* Children and dogs are welcome to join us
DRIVING AND CARPOOLING:
* As per usual we would ask that you let us know if you are driving or if you need a ride when you respond on the conversation board. It really helps our planning and our goal is always to keep emissions as low as possible.
* If you are riding we suggest a stipend of $5 per passenger to cover the cost of fuel.
* Please be there by 7:45 so that we can load and go by 8:00. Thanks.