Dear SMG Members,
After much thought, the time has come to transition our group to a more effective format. Here are the changes I propose. (You can view more details here
- All SMG events are now FREE to members. Only members can RSVP.
- Membership is $12 per year. 2011 membership dues are to be paid by January 1, 2011. Dues can easily be paid online by clicking here: 2011 SMG dues. Those who do not wish to continue to be a part of the group will be automatically dropped if dues are not paid by January 2, 2011.
- Any SMG member can now lead events, upon my review. This means that YOU just got 262 friends who are ready to climbing! Please post your event to find partners from within the group.
- Only members can attend climbs, lead events, have access to all our maps, files, and information, and our group perks such as loaner gear and wholesale pricing.
- Events will be offered throughout CA and NV, not just proximate to Sacramento.
- All other changes and further information is here in the SMG Guidelines for Operation document. General information about our group is here at the "About" tab.
I believe these changes will enable all of us all to get out climbing more frequently and continue to enjoy the sort of quality events we have all come to expect from our group. Let me know your thoughts.
Although January 1 is the deadline, please pay your 2011 membership dues right away
; I will be posting new climbs this week and I would love to have you join me.
Thank you all,