|Sent on:||Wednesday, April 30, 2014 11:41 AM|
May marks the beginning of summer mountaineering season and we are ready with more adventure than ever! The club is now running training courses 3-4 times per month and events every weekend, year-round. We have something for everyone! Let's get out climbing!
These 12 trainings ALL have open spots RIGHT NOW:
Rock Climbing Training - OPEN SPOTS:
• RCK 1 Super Training May 8-9 Tahoe Crags
• RCK 2 Super Training May 10-11 Tahoe Crags
• RCK 1 XT Accelerated Training May 30th - Tahoe NEW!
• RCK 2 Super Training June 12-13 Lone Pine, Alabama Hills
• RCK 3 Super Training June 14-15 Lone Pine Peak, North Ridge
• RCK 1-3 XT Accelerated Training July 16-20, Backcountry, Watchtower - NEW!
Snow, Ice, Glacier Climbing Training - OPEN SPOTS:
• SIG 1 May 10-11 Donner Peak
• SIG 2 May 16-17 Donner Peak
• SIG 2 June 6-7 Mt. Dade, North Face
• SIG 3 June 20-21 Mt. Gilbert, NE Couloir
Special Trainings - Southern California - OPEN SPOTS:
• Wilderness First Aid Certification for ONLY $140: June 28-29, Harwood Lodge
• CPR / AED Certification for ONLY $25 June 27th, Harwood Lodge
These expeditions have OPEN SPOTS RIGHT NOW:
• Mt. Stuart, WA: Central Cascades Alpine Ice and Glacier Climbing, late May
• Rocky Mountain National Park, CO: Rock, Alpine Ice Climbing and Hiking 14'er, early July
• Lone Peak, UT: Multi-Pitch Alpine Rock Climbing, early August
TO REGISTER OR JOIN THE INTEREST LIST FOR ALL TRAINING AND EVENTS: You must always go to our official website:
We've just reached 900 on Meetup, and we now have well over 200 official members!
If you haven't already, now is the best time ever to JOIN SMC. Annual membership is only $80. Join now so you can be a part of the action.
I wish you many amazing adventures this season!
SMC Mountaineering Director