addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Silicon Valley Python Meetup Message Board › Virtualization | Red-Pill-Blue-Pill (Virtualization) materials are online

Virtualization | Red-Pill-Blue-Pill (Virtualization) materials are online

Glen J.
user 8312881
Group Organizer
San Francisco, CA
I am so happy (and a little embarrassed). After our last MeetUp (and BayPIGgies) meeting, I had so many requests for my previous months materials. They were supposed to be published immediately after the talk. I now know what happened and can explain that. But, since that could sound like excuses, I've moved the explanation to the bottom of this email. For those interested in just getting there materials, here they are:

Repo of work (including code and Laboratory/PDF walk-through lab document):­

A screencast of my practice run through (more material on virtual environments) were covered (It's also a large file, so you may want to just click and watch it, but not download it):­

The original presentation materials are here:­

For those interested in what caused this delay, here's the story:

The sample screencast was a way for me to practice. It is a simple direct recording from QuickTime. I couldn't stop/start/edit/etc with this free installed version. So, what you see is what you get (with errors).
It's also not streamlined for the web at all. I found it so valuable for someone who wasn't at the talk, I tried to find a way of including it. I uploaded to YouTube only to be told it's longer than 15 minutes after the *long* upload (doh!).

By then, it was time for the presentation. So, I gave the presentation and told everyone I'd have the materials pushed that evening (i.e., Throw it all into github, push, and let everyone figure out what they want)).

Here's the problem I encountered when pushing to git hub (everything together in the commit (to get it done and over with so it could be consumed by those interested):

Counting objects: 118, done.
Delta compression using up to 8 threads.
Compressing objects: 100% (111/111), done.
error: RPC failed; result=22, HTTP code = 413 505 KiB/s
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
Writing objects: 100% (115/115), 442.17 MiB | 3.40 MiB/s, done.
Total 115 (delta 53), reused 0 (delta 0)
fatal: recursion detected in die handler

If one walks away from the large upload and doesn't check the messages carefully, nothing will actually make it to github. And, then we wait another month for wonderful people to ask and show interest (which makes me so happy).

I struggled for the past three hours getting these files into a form that could be consumed. Google Docs also choked for a while on this larger file. But, it's there now. And, I took out the downloaded Prezi Presentation (also large and choking), put a link into the Prezi site and all materials are ready (even though spread over three sites and the original link from my web page is still broken). Regardless, the first iteration is done and now we can work on the second :)

Thank you for your patience,

Kindest Regards,

Glen Jarvis