Silicon Valley Python Meetup Message Board › Looking for Python Developers: Pay $100/hour++ CTH: Mountain View, CA
San Francisco, CA
This is a 4-6 month Contract to Hire. Pay rate is open for the right candidate. AWESOME pay package.
You will be responsible for the design, implementation, testing, and release of a centralized data store for metrics related to the software development life cycle, with a focus on testing. This data will then be used to automate and aid in the analysis of failures, provide reports and trending we can utilize to identify areas of improvement, and automate manual processes and release decisions. You will interact with other members of the tools team to demonstrate designs, integrate with our existing tool chain, and iterate based on team feedback. The tool will be used throughout the engineering organization.
Desired Skills & Experience
Technically, you are a generalist. You are skilled in object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns. You’ve written extensive code for the web applications at all vertical layers of the stack, from server configuration, to databases to MVC to CSS.
* Must work on-site in Mountain View
* 5+ yrs professional software development experience
* 5+ yrs professional Python development
* Solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design, with proficiency in object-oriented design principles and extensive experience in Python
* 3+ yrs professional MySQL experience
* Experience using Linux or Unix
* Ability to work end-to-end on all aspects of MVC including UI design and implementation
* Broad and Deep Internet understanding on the insides of HTTP and web technologies
* You thrive in a fast paced, collaborative, and iterative programming environment. You meet your commitments on time and produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration
* You have excellent communication skills, initiative and teamwork and you love to connect with your internal customers to hear and address their concerns
* Self motivated, independent and well organized, driven to produce high quality product with pride
* B.S or M.S. in Computer Science