Silicon Valley Python Meetup Message Board › Senior Data Scientist at Decision Patterns - Bay Area - Job Posting
Decision Patterns is seeking a Senior Data Scientist. We consult in a diverse set of industries, including medicine, finance, retail, networking, entertainment, and defense. We help our clients retrieve, store, model, organize, and visualize data, and use their data strategically to make predictions, optimize ROI, identify inefficiencies, and uncover patterns that allow their business leaders to make more informed decisions. With expertise in machine learning, predictive analytics, enterprise data management, data warehousing, and data visualization, we provide both technical know-how and executive guidance.
• Understand and frame complex problems
• Design and build data, information, and predictive systems
• Develop and refine models and machine learning algorithms
• Develop and implement metrics for assessing models
• Deploy models, algorithms, and code with Decision Patterns staff and with clients
Skills and Qualifications
• Master’s Degree or higher in statistics, computer science, mathematics, economics, engineering or other quantitative field
• At least five years’ experience working in a quantitative field supporting products or operations
• Knowledge of data warehouses, SQL and the Apache Hadoop ecosystem
• Expertise with R, Python, Java and similar programming languages
• Expertise in statistics, analytical modeling, and machine learning
• We also appreciate those who know about, follow and contribute to open source software
• Previous consulting experience preferred
Visit our craigslist ad for more information, including application instructions.